Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #11 
PhilipPhish

You can use fake leaves and put them in a suction cup. Just make sure there are no dyes that can get in the water and kill your fish. I made one for my older fish, Caspian.
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #12 
Pitluvs

I make my own Betta hammocks from plastic craft mesh actually... Here.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #13 
bettasusa

Quote:
I make my own Betta hammocks
ahhh! the powers and uses of plastic canvas! love it! Thanks for the idea!
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #14 
OMGemily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Yup. The fussy bugger would NOT eat the flakes I bought. I was all freaking out.. then Sid got hold of a mosquito, and NOM. He was okay, just fussy and settling in. You could try some live food he can chase, like brine shrimp. I found the chasing thing really got his appetite going, moreso than the pellets. He'll even eat the flakes now -- LOVES them in fact, but I keep those as a treat, as they're not ideal.

Now he leaps up to bite my fingers.. like, out of the water. Fishus by name..
you keep the flakes as a treat? and ive thought about getting live food... but it just looks so gross haha and im not entirely sure how that all works. but he started eating the flakes too after you fed him mosquito larva? and that name is so cute haha

Quote:
I make my own Betta hammocks from plastic craft mesh actually...
that seems like a really good idea :) i just bought mine for 2-3 bucks at petsmart. the edges look like they might be able to tear a bettas fins though? but im guessing you havent had a problem with that so i might just try it :)
OMGemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #15 
Wolfboy51

There is a hole under the leaf, you can make the metal come out of it (i did this) and pull it out with some pliers dont leave it in, when i pulled it out it was rusty an it was only in there for a week! ( mine could of just been faulty but plz dont take a chance. Pull the wire out! Or get a
New one pull out the wire then put it back in.
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #16 
Wolfboy51

U can use perspex to make a hammok aswell, its bendable yet very
Strong and soft.
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:49 AM   #17 
Aus

I don't like to shop on the internet, for several reasons. But I would be happy to order a suction-capped betta hammock, a nice big leaf or a netting one...

Is anyone selling these on etsy, or somewhere I can use paypal? I'd be happy to support somebody's home made betta crafts. :D
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:51 AM   #18 
Aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfboy51 View Post
There is a hole under the leaf, you can make the metal come out of it (i did this) and pull it out with some pliers dont leave it in, when i pulled it out it was rusty an it was only in there for a week! ( mine could of just been faulty but plz dont take a chance. Pull the wire out! Or get a
New one pull out the wire then put it back in.

Thanks for the advice, I will check mine asap. I'll be really annoyed if it's a general product fault, and so will Sid!

(I don't find the edges don't affect Sid a bit, but his fins are not as huge and gauzy as some bettas..)
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #19 
KaraAnne

Bob Buttons loves his leaf hammock - It took about a week or so for him to start using it, but now he lounges on it quite often! :)
KaraAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #20 
Eiksaa

Yes, pull out the wire. The betta won't be heavy enough to cause the leaf to not be sturdy even without the wire. Much, much safer. I have also heard stories about that wire gutting someone's fish ( this might be a rumor but I'd rather not take a chance)
Eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote