Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #11 
Kellecherie

Ok...I've been looking at tanks and found a Mini Bow 2.5 Gallon Aquarium Kit with UL Listed Full Incandescent Hood with a 15 Watt Bulb included....Will this work or do I need to buy a seperate heater for it??
Kellecherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #12 
Karebear13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellecherie View Post
Ok...I've been looking at tanks and found a Mini Bow 2.5 Gallon Aquarium Kit with UL Listed Full Incandescent Hood with a 15 Watt Bulb included....Will this work or do I need to buy a seperate heater for it??
I would still buy a separate heater. The light only keeps it about 70 degrees and if you turn it off at night it drops a lot. Also when you use the heater increase the temperature by degrees slowly because raising it too high too fast can cause your betta to go into shock
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #13 
Kellecherie

Red face New Home for Finny

Ok so I wanted to update and let you know that I bought a new home and heater for my Finny fish. Its a 2.5 Gallon and I bought a heater that automatically regulates the water at 78 degrees. Do you think that this is ok?? I just hope that this will help to make him better and he'll adjust fine to the change. I've added a picture of his new home. So far he still seems the same, a lil sluggish and his back end seems droopy. He does seem to be coming up to the top more, and then swims around a lil and floats back to the bottom and lays til he repeats same thing again by going to the top. Not sure if thats good or not. I do have a question about the heater.... It won't burn him if he swims up against it will it?? I'm really glad that I found this website and appreciate all the feedback and help i've gotten! Thanks to everyone for giving me advice when i'm clueless.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #14 
Silverfang

I'm sure he'll be much happier in his new home!

Just curious, did you acclimate him to the water in the new temp? Usually done by floating them in a cup or tupperware container, or even a plastic bag, adding some water every 10 minutes or so then releasing him back in.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #15 
Kellecherie

Yes I did using a plastic baggy! So far he seems to be adjusting well. Not as active as he used to be but i'm hoping in the next couple of days he'll be back to his old self again!! Never thought i'd be this gung-ho over a fish..but i've gotten quite attached to him and you could say he's one spoiled fish lol...Just hoping my Finny gets better!!! So glad I found this website!!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #16 
Karebear13

Has he improved from the last couple of days?
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #17 
Kellecherie

He seems to be doing a little better....yayyyyy and he ate really good tonite!! He still seems a lil droopy on his back end and has been a lil more active but not like he was before...His water is at 76 degrees and im hoping that as he gets adjusted to his new home and warmer water he'll be ok!! I will keep everyone posted...thanks again so much for all the advice!! Its so very appreciated!! : )
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #18 
ANHEL123

I hope he will get better, keep us update.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #19 
ANHEL123

For 2.5 tank you will need to do 1-50% and 1-100% a week :) Always check thermometer make sure it not overheating ...:)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #20 
Kellecherie

Ok HELP again.....Today he doesnt seem to be doing well!!! Hes been laying in his plant at the top near the top of water..I could touch him if i wanted too...his fins seem closed and not open and wavy like they should be...its like he doesnt have the energy to swim!! If I tap the tank he start swimming but then he goes right back to lay at top of his plant near the top of water...the temp in his tank is 76 degrees and his water is clean...i fed him this morn and he ate 1 lil morsel and tonite same thing.....usually hes all over his food...and soooo very active...I hate seeing him sooooo sluggish and weak...I dont know what to do to help him? I dont see any white spots on him or not rot on his fins....what could it be?? Im sad to see him like this!!