Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #211 
JessiesGill

This one is sad because it's true. My daughter adopted our betta from a neighbor who was moving away. This was his home, and I didn't know any better. until he almost died in December.

Name:  vasephoto 4.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  33.5 KB
JessiesGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #212 
LittleBettaFish

I'm not certain if this 'tank has been featured but I've seen them in stores. I often wonder how many bettas spend short, dismal lives in these things. Using an aquarium volume calculator, this 'tank' holds around 0.3 gallons.

http://www.aquaone.net.nz/cart_produ...LASS+TANK+10CM
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #213 
FishyFishy89

That is just disgusting >.<
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:35 AM   #214 
FlyingCuttlefish

I'm going to confess that the OP's example is the very first tank I ever had, and the betta lived for about a year. Sadly, I didn't learn about the cruelty of those "tanks" to save the poor betta.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but THIS is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rK_8lgAEg

Way too small, no place to put a heater, it has to be a nightmare to change the water or do any maintenance whatsoever, and the worst part is that it's an "all in one enclosure". I can't imagine keeping a reptile or hamster in that tiny thing. Really, in some of those shots they had clownfish, goldfish, a leopard gecko? A &*^%ing BOA? What is WRONG with these people?! The only acceptable thing I can think of to use that for is either keeping herbs, insects, MAYBE shrimp or crayfish? I have no experience in keeping those guys but I heard they're fine in tinier enclosures like that, I could be dead wrong though so please call me out if that's the case.
FlyingCuttlefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:45 AM   #215 
LittleBettaFish

Hehe
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #216 
bluefishy75

http://www.buyteddytank.com/?reg=TLB-BING-TWT-TM

I saw a commercial for this thing this morning when my son was watching cartoons. Horrified me!
bluefishy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #217 
Sabina88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishy75 View Post
http://www.buyteddytank.com/?reg=TLB-BING-TWT-TM

I saw a commercial for this thing this morning when my son was watching cartoons. Horrified me!
I still don't get how youd get the fish in those :(
I also feel horrible for the two goldfish in that tiny thing, hopefully they didn't stay there
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #218 
TheSailorette

How about this one!?

http://www.mosbybuildingarts.com/blo...mosby-fish.jpg

I think it is cool but it isn't even a gallon. Most coffee maker cups hold about 10-12 cups that is .62-.75 of a gallon.
TheSailorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:47 AM   #219 
jmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingCuttlefish View Post
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but THIS is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rK_8lgAEg

Way too small, no place to put a heater, it has to be a nightmare to change the water or do any maintenance whatsoever, and the worst part is that it's an "all in one enclosure". I can't imagine keeping a reptile or hamster in that tiny thing. Really, in some of those shots they had clownfish, goldfish, a leopard gecko? A &*^%ing BOA? What is WRONG with these people?! The only acceptable thing I can think of to use that for is either keeping herbs, insects, MAYBE shrimp or crayfish? I have no experience in keeping those guys but I heard they're fine in tinier enclosures like that, I could be dead wrong though so please call me out if that's the case.
can you believe they think that small of a BOWL is ok for SALTWATER!?!?! from what i've read when researching about saltwater aquariums...you need a MINIMAL 10gal. that doesn't look anywhere near 10gal.

Another thing(was posted a long time ago on this thread) was a link to a blog. i could NOT believe what i read with what they think they know about bettas.

"Seriously though, there's no better urban pet than a Betta. Talk about no effort... All you need is a container, some food, and some water treatment chemical. Total package, less than $10. They are beautiful and active, and despite their delicate appearance, are very robust. Unlike many fish, they can tolerate a reasonably large range in temperature, don't require frequent water changes or regular feeding schedules, and in the wild, close relatives have been known to crawl across land or up trees "

Really? really? reasonably large range in temperature? just cuz they can tolerate it doesn't automatically mean it's good for long periods of time.

lazy uneducated idiots.

wow....just wow. all fish need a regular feeding schedule.

they got that from an about.com website talking about labyrinth fishes. just cuz bettas are a labyrinth fish doesn't automatically mean that other labyrinth fish are close relatives...it just means they've adapted to their environment.

stupid people need to stay away from animals

jmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #220 
Agent13
Reference Team

Some of these are gross negligence and some are a case of "don't cast stones of you live in a glass house" .

Just sayin

Sent from Petguide.com App
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote