Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #21 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
I would say... moderate to fast. I just went away for 5 days and came back and it had doubled in size with 5 new leaves. Stuff in my tank grows faster than it will in yours, but still a reference. Before I had CO2 it still grew very fast. I would come back after a week and it'd have 3 new shoots to the top of the tank (it shoots up leaves that sit on the surface of the water, in typical lily fashion, while also having leaves on the mid/bottom).
Are the trimmings plantable?
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #22 
kfish

Not that I know of, but you can easily split the bulb after it's been growing a while to get a new plant. Mine split itself, so I now have 2 plants, and could easily split it to more.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #23 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
Not that I know of, but you can easily split the bulb after it's been growing a while to get a new plant. Mine split itself, so I now have 2 plants, and could easily split it to more.
I have a 5.5 gallon aquarium would this plant get too large? I am aware plants grow all the time. So how would I go about trimming it?
Old 03-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #24 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I have a 5.5 gallon aquarium would this plant get too large? I am aware plants grow all the time. So how would I go about trimming it?
No, it wouldn't get too large. I don't have a picture of mine from when it was at its largest... it died back a few months ago, for some reason, but it's coming back now. I think snails just ate it literally to the ground. I've had it about a year. It mostly stays in one spot, doesn't send out runners, centered over the bulb, and shoots leaves up to rest on the surface. I've never had to trim mine, but I imagine you could just cut it down.

This is about as big as mine got:

After dying back, it's kind of 2 plants (I'll take a picture), but still close to each other:
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #25 
FishyFishy89

okie dokie
thanks bunches :)