Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #1 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Green full mask X Metallic blue/green

I have these two in the spawn tank now and I am waiting to see what happens. The spawn tank is a 2.5 and the female was in a floating fry tank. The female has nice dark stripingh and was flirting so I removed her. The male then attacked the female for some time before finally settling down to build the nest up further. The female is still heavily striped and the male is now not attacking her as much but she is missing 80 % of her caudal fin. She seems fine though because she is still heavily striped. Just seems this male is highly aggressive. OK, so here is the pair I am using.

Here is the male, I bought him from NINEBETTAS
Name:  FULLHEADGREENDRAGONHM154.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  27.1 KB

Here is the female, I bought her from Basementbettas, she took 3rd place at an IBC show.
Name:  bluegirl.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  30.0 KB
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

I like the male a lot. The female has a nice, wide, dorsal. They'll produce some nice fish.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #3 
bettasusa

Nothing but.. Amazing!
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #4 
Pewmew

very very pretty, I love the light color on the male
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #5 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I like the male a lot. The female has a nice, wide, dorsal. They'll produce some nice fish.
Thanks! I am still holding my breath on that female, he has really torn her up a lot, this is the first time that I have ever been scared of a male killing a female. As for now I took the female and put her back into her floating pen where they can still flirt. In the morning when I can keep and eye on them I will release her again if she is still receptive. As a back up I have daughter to the current female that I could use. She has the same wide dorsal and her anal fin is actually better than her mothers. She is a marble female, I was actually conditioning her in a divided ten gallon next to a male I wanted to spawn her with but that may have to wait if I have to use her instead of her mother. I have hope though because her mother is one tough female.
Here is the substitute female. She is younger than her mother so she still has some branching and growing out to do but she is looking good so far.
When I first put her in the tank she looked like this.
Name:  003.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  32.6 KB
Name:  009.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  46.2 KB
But after she saw the male she colored up to this....
Name:  028.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  029.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  33.1 KB
Name:  026.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  45.7 KB
Name:  031.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  66.4 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasusa View Post
Nothing but.. Amazing!
Thank you! Don't for get to show me your spawn log for your bi colors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewmew View Post
very very pretty, I love the light color on the male
Thanks!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #6 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Alright take two! LOL
I dropped the female back into the main tank again this morning, she was super barred and very flirty. She really likes him but he could care less. He is less aggressive today but still has a iron fist when it comes to his lady. He is back to bubble nesting now and she is hanging out quietly underneath the nest. Hopefully he will stop being such a macho man and spawn with her.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #7 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I love the male. His color pattern is typical for dragon scales .... is he a dragon?

Do you have any other females for back up? ... I prefer the mother compared to the daughter.

Good luck, hope they have a big spawn.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #8 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
I love the male. His color pattern is typical for dragon scales .... is he a dragon?

Do you have any other females for back up? ... I prefer the mother compared to the daughter.

Good luck, hope they have a big spawn.
Yes he is a dragon scale, as for other females I do have some, but to be honest I can't see what you mean about her not being as good as her mother. Can you point out what you see ?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #9 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Alright no go on the female she is to badly injured and I had to take her out. She is still barred and ready but I don't think he wants to spawn with her. Sooo I am adding in her sibling sister, she is he same color but she is a double tail. I'll try to get a photo of her to post. I decided against using the sub female right now because I need the heavy metallic lines that these two females have to get the kind of coloration that I want with the dragon scaling. Crossing my fingers and hoping that maybe he will be nicer to this girl.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #10 
tpocicat

I love the coloring of the male, and the dorsal in the female(s) is wonderful. Should make a good pair, if the male will just cooperate!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote