Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #11 
Shirleythebetta

Yea it seemed a bit much. I am currently looking at my bassett asleep on the couch and my aussie shepard laying by my feet. I think she would probably think I am terrible because they roam the house. I just hope she never has a kid. if she does then wow
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #12 
thekoimaiden

I'm glad to see the puppy found a good home. Labs are balls of energy. I grew up with a wonderful yellow lab and currently have an old black lab and a black lab-mix (she was a side of the road rescue so we really don't know what she is). They are great and loyal dogs, but do need some training. But I think that goes without saying for all animals. The cats are trained to use the littler box and not scratch the furniture. The dogs are house trained, leash-trained, not allowed in certain rooms or upstairs, and the young one even knows a few tricks. Maybe you should get her a robo-dog instead. It won't do anything without her command.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #13 
Laki

Glad the dog found a home where he can be a dog. Maybe her husband needs to buy her a robot next. I feel bad for any other "pets" or kids they decide to get.
Mein Fuhrer much?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:26 AM   #14 
RayneForhest

Obedience classes arent a magic pill. The owner must exhaust a dog's drives in order to have a happy dog. The book Dog Training for Dummies is the best book ever! Its a great starter book in understanding a dog's psychology and needs. Dogs are not humans, and they dont respond to HUMAN expectations. WE need to understand them and work alongside their instincts and drives. IF someone has little time to devote to a dog and making sure they get plenty of mental stimulation and exercise... a LAB is not a good choice...
RayneForhest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #15 
Shirleythebetta

that was the issue. She wanted to get rid of the dog because it got up and got a drink of water. That is uncalled for. If you take a pet you should be devoted to taking care of them not just expecting only obedience courses to work. It's just sad to me that a thirsty animal isn't allowed to get a drink of water and lay back down. There was nothing wrong with the dogs behavior. Just the persons. Good thing is the dog is rehomed and the issue is over. He has found a home with a wonderful owner. I may look into that book you mentioned..... My border terrier is a brat.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #16 
Laki

The thing I learned from terriers is that omgtheycangoallday!letsgoforanotherwalk!youwannapl aychase?illgetmyballandwegoagain!comeon!you'retoos low!hurryhurryhurry!

Just take him to a park and let him run for hours!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #17 
Shirleythebetta

I resorted to walks on the bike trail behind my house and running him on the treadmill. He loves the treadmill. It's awefully cute because he can do it on his own but I am always so afraid to let him get on it without a leash in case he stops walking. I am currently trying to get my aussie and my bassett on treadmill but they aren't so thrilled about.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #18 
Shirleythebetta

You pegged my boy perfect by the way
Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #19 
Laki

:) I love terriers. All types, wire coat and smooth coat!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #20 
Shirleythebetta

I don't know what type of coat he has. He's a border terrier mix. He looks like a border terrier.