Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #1 
babystarz

Found Over $1000 - Help Me Pick Fish Stuff To Buy!

Christmas came early this year! During my move to a new apartment, I found an envelope that had fallen behind my couch. It was from my school. I opened it and there was a check for $1800 from last April for tuition reimbursement! I had NO IDEA this was coming to me (I was not getting financial aid) and therefore wasn't missing the money. To say this was an awesome day is an understatement. Now of course I need to pay for responsible things; $750 is going to my parents to cover money I owe them. And I'm saving $450 for rent and utilities next month. But I'm prepared to spend a good chunk of this unexpected windfall on fish stuff. If you had a hunk of cash to splurge on things for your fishies, what would you get?

I am definitely going to take advantage of Petco's $1 per gallon sale. And I will be hitting up the Minnesota Betta shop, which just received a new shipment. But I still need to figure out the particulars. The only "for sure" purchase is a breeding tank setup :) I will get to start my breeding plan a few months early now that I have all the money for equipment. So go ahead and give me some suggestions for nice tanks, decor, fish supplies etc. :)
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #2 
BettaQi

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Christmas came early this year! During my move to a new apartment, I found an envelope that had fallen behind my couch. It was from my school. I opened it and there was a check for $1800 from last April for tuition reimbursement! I had NO IDEA this was coming to me (I was not getting financial aid) and therefore wasn't missing the money. To say this was an awesome day is an understatement. Now of course I need to pay for responsible things; $750 is going to my parents to cover money I owe them. And I'm saving $450 for rent and utilities next month. But I'm prepared to spend a good chunk of this unexpected windfall on fish stuff. If you had a hunk of cash to splurge on things for your fishies, what would you get?

I am definitely going to take advantage of Petco's $1 per gallon sale. And I will be hitting up the Minnesota Betta shop, which just received a new shipment. But I still need to figure out the particulars. The only "for sure" purchase is a breeding tank setup :) I will get to start my breeding plan a few months early now that I have all the money for equipment. So go ahead and give me some suggestions for nice tanks, decor, fish supplies etc. :)
Super!

Congrats!

My big suggestion was the PetCo sale for 20 longs.

I like the Microbe Lift line of fish care products, which have really good bacteria.

The Fluval Spec 2 g is on sale at drs. Foster and smith and so are hydro theo heaters.

Do you like planted tanks? If so that's a whole new world of excitement from substrate to species. The exo terra terrariums by Zoo Med would make great planted riparium type tanks.

Have a great splurge!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote