Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #21 
betta lover1507

well he ends up with more fish :( my parents are crazy
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #22 
Silverfang

Not to be rude or anything, so I appologize if I come of so, but an 11 year old, or 8 year old, or most any child will not take care of a pet. Even when a younger child says I'll walk him every day and feed him and pet him... it invariably ends up the job of parents. (Not a parent, but personal observation).

Your father needs to step in and put his foot down. Anyone who is constantly loosing pets or having them get sick and not trying to take care of them, should not have pets.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #23 
betta lover1507

he only mostly cares for his snakes, not his fish. and i keep telling my parents he can't take care of fish. but they don't care :(
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #24 
Luimeril

my niece is 8 years old, and takes care of her fish better than your brother. :I only thing i gotta do is change his water, but she helps me with that. she knows proper tank size for a betta, and didn't want one until she could have a tank bigger than a gallon..
Luimeril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #25 
betta lover1507

wow :P i really don't know why he does it besides he is lazy
Old 03-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #26 
BeautifulBetta

Laziness doesn't belong with pet-keeping sadly. Your parents really do need to step in, animals arent, and never will be, disposable.
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #27 
callistra

Sorry but that's poor parenting. I understand they're trying to make a point but you don't let a living creature be tortured and killed to try to teach your child responsibility.. that's ironic since the parents are showing a serious lack here.

A better lesson would be if he can't take care of his pets he loses the privilege of having any.. and he can't discriminate. He chose the fish. If he can't take care of them he loses all the pets.. give away to better homes.

Last edited by callistra; 03-06-2012 at 10:33 PM.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #28 
SassyBetta

my goodness :( go help them anyway. someone has to do something hes all beaten up :( he looks so unhappy
SassyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #29 
betta lover1507

the betta died this morning puddles cheered me up with a big fat nest
and i know they just don't care, i don't know why they don't step up.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #30 
Sena Hansler

To most people...fish are nothing. you can buy them here and there penny here dollar there. Some people tend to think "if it dies, they'll learn" but no, they don't. they either leave it to rot for a bit then flush it, or they go get another one, or they flail scream and kick until they get their dog, cat, pony, pigeon, parakeet and lobster

I'm teaching my EIGHT YEAR OLD nephew about fish. And he knows, if he does not care for one of the bettas he gets with a heated 10 gallon tank and ALL needed accessories and the knowledge to start him off in the fish world... I take that fish back. And the tank. And my brother agrees with me on that. THAT is how you teach a kid with pets.

Then again, pets are supposed to be "family" pets, not "his, mine, hers, mine" to ensure everyone 1. wants them 2. cares for them 3. the pet doesn't suffer or die.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote