Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #1 
clhenson13

Exclamation Is this Fin Rot? :(

Hello Everyone!!!
So I have had my crown tail for roughly a month now and I have him housed in a 10g tank with 3 Neons and a small (2in) bottom dwelling catfish. He was always very active and would swim up and down the tank endlessly. Now however, he becoming less active and I have noticed that his fins are becoming shorter. I have only once seen him chase after his tail. Theres a heater, filter (which isn't too strong) and everything (living condition wise) seems to be fine. I also have real plants and a moss ball so there shouldn't be anything he is tearing his fins on. He also isn't a very hearty eater (but he never was). :/

Let me know what you think!! Thank you so much for your time!!!! :))

P.S. Ever since I got him he has had a black/ dark blue lining around his pink fins.
Attached Images

clhenson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #2 
OMGemily

how long have you had him? and i havent ever actually seen fin rot but this looks like how ive seen it described... i dont know how to treat it but hopefully someone else will comment with that. i hope he gets better!
OMGemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

It does seem like he bit his tail and ended up with some fin rot because the tips look a little melted.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #4 
clhenson13

I have had him for about 2 months now. I guess I'm just a little confused on how he got it. I have also looked up images of fin rot but they dont (in my opinion) look like him. :(( How should I go about treating him and should I isolate him from the other fish? Thank you sooo much!! :D
Old 03-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #5 
clhenson13

UPDATE:
So I treated my betta for fin rot and transfered him to a 2G tank so he can have clean water. I used aquarium (1/2teaspoon) that i put in gradually and then treated him with melafix (I added like 2 drops it said 5mL per 10G). I come home today and my betta has lost his color and you can see his veins on his body where his fins begin!! HELP!! What should I do?!?!?!?
Attached Images

Tags
fin rot betta tail biting, sick beta, tail biting