Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #1 
PaintingPintos

Talking GHOST SHRIMP and your opinions

So just voice your opinion on them.... yay or nay?
I personally love them. 3 gallon tank, 3 ghosties, 1 betta, plants, a heater, an air pump, and a moss ball. With a little tea mug for a hidey-hole :)
The shrimp are so cute... they climb all over everything, pick through the gravel, are translucent (how cool!! hehe), and I love to watch them clean themselves. Their motto could be "Busy, busy, busy" because they're always doing something ^_^
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #2 
styggian

I have them in my sorority and my divided tank for males. They really help clean up food and plant debris. They swim up to grab betta pellets when I feed. They also like bloodworms and daphnia.
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #3 
Rosso1011

They're cute but my guy sees a gourmet snack, so, as far as them being pets... not going to happen.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

Nay, simply because I prefer red cherries. :) But I'd have ghosties if I couldn't have my cherries or crystal reds!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #5 
kfryman

Ghosties are nice and cool, I just hate how they are so hard to find. They do help clean up, the only problem I have with them is they are scavangers, so they eat no algae or anything. Not a big deal, just is nice to have shrimp that tend your plants too ( Red Cherries are one example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Nay, simply because I prefer red cherries. :) But I'd have ghosties if I couldn't have my cherries or crystal reds!
Grrr, I want Crystals but most of them are so darn expensive! I just got some cherry shrimp juvies and I am having a small 2.5 NPT for them to grow out and hopefully make the babies.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #6 
Silverfang

Mine are industrious little bugs. But when they are gone, RCS and snowball shrimp totally! I've got a pile of moss to add.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #7 
Exterrestrial

Yay- Their so cool!
But, Nay- Mine always die.
Exterrestrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #8 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Grrr, I want Crystals but most of them are so darn expensive! I just got some cherry shrimp juvies and I am having a small 2.5 NPT for them to grow out and hopefully make the babies.
I wouldn't have bought them at full price, but I got them through our local aquarium society, where everything is a fraction of the price it should be. :) I got 17 for maybe $40, as I remember.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #9 
clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post
So just voice your opinion on them.... yay or nay?
I personally love them. 3 gallon tank, 3 ghosties, 1 betta, plants, a heater, an air pump, and a moss ball. With a little tea mug for a hidey-hole :)
The shrimp are so cute... they climb all over everything, pick through the gravel, are translucent (how cool!! hehe), and I love to watch them clean themselves. Their motto could be "Busy, busy, busy" because they're always doing something ^_^

I tried this with my betta... they didnt last the night in a 10gallon tank my betta killed them all didnt eat 1 :-\ so i say not a good idea for the shrimp
clone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #10 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone View Post
I tried this with my betta... they didnt last the night in a 10gallon tank my betta killed them all didnt eat 1 :-\ so i say not a good idea for the shrimp
Aww... poor things. Hopefully their deaths were quick? Well my Omelette is not aggressive toward the shrimpies... they're very bold because they sometimes nibble on his fins (this is where he flips out and tries to nom them) but if he gets too close to them, they pinch him xD He's tried nomming them a few times but he's lost interest. He just watches them :3 I'm so glad my fishy is good to them...eheh
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ghost shrimp