Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #11 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibianite View Post
Ah I see. Well hopefully I will have the chance to find see what type of fins I can get. Luckily she is doing beyond wonderful and is actually very flirtatious with other males now.
As for the male I hope he pulls threw, if not then I will except his loss, and be forced to move on.
I will breed her with a different male at some point again.
For now I will be concentrate and trying to get him healthy.
Nice, shorter finned halfmoons and deltas and possibly HMPKs.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #12 
Amphibianite

Well I got my male in a Hospital tank and I think he will survive actually. It looks like he has a different disease than what I was thinking. I don't know what it is, but it causes extreme SBD and extreme finrot.

It it one of my other boys and lasted close to two months. I was trying everything and nothing was working. The first boy is finally on a full mend. He is a bit under nourished because he refused food 98% of the time. He eat well now and his fins and growing back nicely. Should be another month or so but he should make a full recovery.

What my male here has looks like the same time with the fins, every fin is becoming ragged.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #13 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Not sure what it is but this often happens to me if I over breed them or keep them in the breeding tank too long - ragged fins and lethargy. At first I thought it was the water but fry survived so it can't be the water unless fry has some sort of defence system. What ever it is, most of mine take longer to recover (if ever) compared to other known diseases. Most of them never become as active as they previously were and had to be bred in 1g shallow tubs.

I usually treat with Aq salt + IAL. If he gets worse, I use chemical products (local - don't know the ingredient). In my cases, the key to recovery is their willingness to eat. Once they eat, their immune system will help them recover.

Sorry about your guy. Hope he makes it.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #14 
Pewmew

I really hope your male will pull through :( I know how sad I will be if it's one of my baby
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #15 
PitGurl

What happened to your male sounds just like what happened to my CT male who I tried to spawn a couple of weeks ago. He was healthy going in to the spawn tank. He spawned with the female and was taking care of the nest. Then he started acting weird and all his fins started melting away. I pulled him out and started treated him with AQ salt. Sadly I lost the spawn but the male has recovered and his fins are growing back.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #16 
tpocicat

I sure hope your male pulls through *sends healing thoughts*
I had a wonderful male I REALLY wanted a spawn from, and the same thing happened, I lost him and the spawn. I hope that doesn't happen to you.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #17 
Amphibianite

Thanks everyone glad to know I am the only one who has faced this disease.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #18 
Amphibianite

I am not* darn 15 minute edit time...
Old 03-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #19 
tpocicat

15 min edit time also has happened to me...
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #20 
Amphibianite

It happens to all of us.
Well the male is still alive. I have not done my morning feedings yet, but he ate last night.
I will be scrapping this spawn for at least a month. I don't want to risk killing him or infecting others.
It is time to move on with my other pair.