Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #101 
Pewmew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
That stuff is betta fry steroids...
darn it.

edit: Does that mean I should stop feeding them that? :( what other crush food can I offer other than the attison betta starter since it'll take awhile to be shipped to me? Any suggestion on betta food I can get easily from petstore?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-02-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #102 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewmew View Post
da*n it....

edit: Does that mean I should stop feeding them that? :( what other crush food can I offer other than the attison betta starter since it'll take awhile to be shipped to me? Any suggestion on betta food I can get easily from petstore?
Pewmew your getting a bit panic-y lol. He means that in a good way. Basically meaning that its so good for them and really helps them grow fast. Dom should have know better than to put that with no kind of emotion at the end because of the interpretation. I have heard him say this before with a positive tone so I know what he means, but others would take it negative and get worried lol.

Quote:
I know! it's so werid bc they are so young, I was so shocked when I saw their gil flap comes out and both of them start going at it crazy babies...
I'll add in some floating plants tomorrow.
they been eating the attison pro crush pellets (: super awesome
I have never heard of fry at this age starting to flare. Yeah the floating plants should slow the aggression down because the ones that aren't flaring yet will hid in the plants.

Pictures soon I'm hoping;)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #103 
MrVampire181

Lol yes I did mean in a good way! Lol its just an all around amazing food for bettas and juveniles.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #104 
Pewmew

wheww thanksssss (((: I got too panicky

mrVampire's name is Dom? is it short for dominic? (:

btw my bday tree has arrived!
one more pic of the babies this morning
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #105 
LittleBettaFish

I have wild bettas growing out that are around the size of your bettas and they flare and posture all the time. Two what I assume are males had a 5 minute flaring session yesterday. I did notice there was no nipping or violence, which I assume would be the case with your lot.

Your fry are looking good. Then again fry always look so squishable. Have your guys grown in ventrals yet? I can't tell from the picture. That's the one stage of development that always worries me. I hate the look of bettas with no ventrals.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #106 
Pewmew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I have wild bettas growing out that are around the size of your bettas and they flare and posture all the time. Two what I assume are males had a 5 minute flaring session yesterday. I did notice there was no nipping or violence, which I assume would be the case with your lot.

Your fry are looking good. Then again fry always look so squishable. Have your guys grown in ventrals yet? I can't tell from the picture. That's the one stage of development that always worries me. I hate the look of bettas with no ventrals.
there was some nippings but only with 2 or 3 of them outta all of them, but gonna clean out some floating plants and float them to see if that'll distract them more (:

I been watching them like a hawk everyday and almost all of them have the little ventrals since beginning of week 3, they are so tiny but you can see them :) I was worry at first since I feed them lots of microworms and BBS and I know ppl say they Might not have ventrals... I havn't seen a betta with no ventrals yet :( but I hope yours turns out great
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #107 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post

Well the way that bettas develop no ventrals is because of them being bottom dwellers and always swimming so pressed against the "floor" of the aquarium. So what I do is feed them tiny portions to keep them off the floor.

Quote:
wheww thanksssss (((: I got too panicky

mrVampire's name is Dom? is it short for dominic? (:

btw my bday tree has arrived!
one more pic of the babies this morning
Yes MrV is Dom which is short for Dominnic. Its spelled differently.

So how does this TREE work? How do the leaves turn brown? Is it like any other old tree where the leaves dry out and "die"?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #108 
MrVampire181

I've bred females that ended up without ventrals (fed micros for too long) but their fry ended up perfectly fine since I quickly learned to cut down my microworm feedings.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #109 
bettalover2033

Yeah, I've read somewhere that microworms are possibly a cause of this.

What exactly do the Ventrals do besides help the fish stop instantly?

I see no real problem with them though...
Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #110 
Pewmew

http://youtu.be/NXDJuY2ssNo

taken 4/1/2012 (1 day away from 4 weeks old)
They are getting bigger, but today I noticed 2 dead fries, yesterday 1 dead :\ I am getting nervous... but the ones that died are among the small ones... blah

everybody else is fine tho, still the only color I see is the red and the black lace

did a huge water change today and adding more plants in tomorrow