Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #131 
sparkyjoe

Oh my gosh, they're so cute! I loved watching them roam around in the video. I only see one problem... there aren't enough little fish in there for all the folks who will want them!!!
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #132 
Martinismommy

The kids are looking fantastic! You are doing such a great job!

The kids out of my spawn showed this weekend.....They did very well both the males and females took 1st in their classes and the female went Best of variety...
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #133 
bettalover2033

Nice color on them already!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #134 
Pewmew

everybody (:

I counted aroun 120+ fishes total! Kinda makes me nervous how many containers will be lying around once they are big enough. Also, congrats Karen on the win! your fishes are always so beautiful it's a sure thing they should be winners my babies need to hurry up and grow up so I can go crazy looking at all the different colors!!! AHH!

My brother, who doesn't want pets at all, watched them grow up with me and now he wants one too! hehe (: I kinda feel really happy bc now he won't keep thinking I'm crazy spending so much money on these fish.

He picked one out from the crowd yesterday, a light white-blue scaled baby (one of my favorite! booo), now we wait till he/she grows and another betta addict will be born!!!! MuAhahahaha

Last edited by Pewmew; 04-16-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #135 
bettalover2033

Wow that's really a nice spawn! Good number and you shall result in most of them surviving.

That is the exact number that another breeder on the forum got. (BeautifulBetta) She had 120 for her first spawn and resulted in about 116-117 fry. So nice to see that they are getting so big.

I noticed that, that happens a lot. When I have a new spawn up my family and friends always seem to really want one or so, but before they see the fry and they see me spend so much money on them, they think I'm crazy and such. My brother always tells me how I spend too much time with them, but really how can you not want to spend so much time with them? I'm sure if I get maybe his favourite color, he'll develop a soft side for it.

I love that last part "and another betta addict will be born!!!!" lol that made my day! Though its so true!

@Martinismommy: CONGRATS on the show titles! I am not surprised that your fish are top of their categories!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewmew View Post
everybody (:

I counted aroun 120+ fish total! Kinda makes me nervous how many containers will be lying around once they are big enough. Also, congrats Karen on the win! your fishes are always so beautiful it's a sure thing they should be winners my babies need to hurry up and grow up so I can go crazy looking at all the different colors!!! AHH!

My brother, who doesn't want pets at all, watched them grow up with me and now he wants one too! hehe (: I kinda feel really happy bc now he won't keep thinking I'm crazy spending so much money on these fish.

He picked one out from the crowd yesterday, a light white-blue scaled baby (one of my favorite! booo), now we wait till he/she grows and another betta addict will be born!!!! MuAhahahaha
Old 04-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #136 
Martinismommy

Thank you Bettalover....I also brought home the Best in Show Champion :o) One of my HM males took the entire show over 223 fish...
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #137 
bettalover2033

Now that's impressive! So we know for a fact that your fish are top quality! Only because unlike many, you did the responsible thing and bought a quality pair to begin with.

It's crazy how you guys pick 1 fish as best and then so on with that many! Thats amazing!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #138 
betta lover1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewmew View Post
moving wayy too fast for my phone

here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP8dt...ature=youtu.be
see some dark colored ones ;p there so cute, i would totally want one JUST ONE, lol
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #139 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinismommy View Post
Thank you Bettalover....I also brought home the Best in Show Champion :o) One of my HM males took the entire show over 223 fish...
Congrats, Karen.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #140 
sparkyjoe

Any fry updates Pew?

And I'm not sure when your test is/was but I hope that's going OK too.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote