Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #1 
karpediem

My neighbor lost their pitbull, should i care about it ??

Yesterday afternoon, my neighbor or should i say my dad's sister lost their dog. He was only 5 months they said. Actually, that was not their dog but their son's dog. I don't understand how that dog escaped and ran away. She told me that the gate was open and usually the dog will never leave.
That dog has nice coloration, brown with some white spots on his head and eyes.
Today, i went to visit one of my friend and i saw a pitbull look just exactly like their dog. My friend doesn't like dogs so i asked where did he get that one, he told me that is not his dog but his neighbor. Then i asked his hispanish neighbor where did he get that dog and he told me his 2 sons picked up the dog on the road on their way back home from school yesterday evening.
What a coincidence, i took a good look and that was the same dog. I was like should i call my dad's sister or not..?

See, the thing is they live just next to us, so we are very close even that her husband and my dad don't really share things. Her sons are worse, they barely talk to my parents or us, not even a hi or a goodbye whenever we see each other. I feel like they tried to avoid us. My mom just passed away few months ago and they did not even show up at the funerals.
When i think about all that, i'm saying to myself, don't bother to tell them that i saw their dog because they don't even care about my family.
Btw, their son bought that dog for $500
So, i didnt say a thing except to my dad and my brother, then they told me to zip it.
Do you think i did the right thing or should i tell them ??

Last edited by karpediem; 03-06-2012 at 01:37 PM.
karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #2 
kfryman

I think you should get their dog back! It is a pet and it sucks to lose one.

Just saying, at least in the US, it is illegal for them to keep the do without putting up fliers and trying to find the owner. If the owner doesn't find you within a months time, legally the dog is theirs as long as they care for it. (I think thats how it works). I think morally you should though.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

First, I'm really sorry about your mom. That's got to be a tough thing to deal with and I'm dreading the day that I have to face that myself. Hugs.

Second, shame on your neighbors for not paying respects to your family. Having said that, a lot of people are uncomfortable going to wakes and funerals so that might be the reason that they didn't show up. Don't take it personally in that case.

Third, you should absolutely tell them who has their dog. It's the right thing to do.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #4 
BettaMommy531rip

I would feel absolutely crushed if I lost my dog! Even if someone had done absolutely horrid things to me, I would want to hide their dog away to make them feel bad and smite them. But I know I would feel terrible not knowing if my little BooBoo (her real name is Shannon) was OK or not. So I would most definitely tell them. It is a rotten thing that they didn't even care to attend the funeral for you mother (I am sorry for your loss *big hugs*) but even they deserve their happiness. You would be no better than them by keeping their doggy away from them, heck you would be just as bad. Remember, two wrongs don't make a right. :)
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

Tell them, its the right thing to do. How would you feel if you lost something you owned and someone knew who had it but never told you? Doesn't feel good, and this is a living being. Imagine how the dog feels without his family. There should be no question, this situation isn't about you or how you feel, its about the dog and his owners :(
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #6 
Aus

I'd ask myself who's going to raise that dog in a good environment. Which household is less likely to make it another unstable, untrustworthy, dangerous example of its breed.

And I'd make sure the pit bull stayed with those people.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #7 
karpediem

Well, i talked to the Hispanish guy about that dog and he gave him back to me and i brought him back to them. Their son gave me $100 to thanks me but i did not take his money. They said they will take me to a restaurant of my choice, i will sure pick the best and expensive one ahaha j/k, i will think about it hehe :).
karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #8 
Bombalurina

Good on you. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #9 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpediem View Post
Well, i talked to the Hispanish guy about that dog and he gave him back to me and i brought him back to them. Their son gave me $100 to thanks me but i did not take his money. They said they will take me to a restaurant of my choice, i will sure pick the best and expensive one ahaha j/k, i will think about it hehe :).
Well done! Enjoy your dinner.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #10 
kfryman

Yay! I am glad you got their dog back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I'd ask myself who's going to raise that dog in a good environment. Which household is less likely to make it another unstable, untrustworthy, dangerous example of its breed.

And I'd make sure the pit bull stayed with those people.
I really do not think pitbulls are dangerous, sure they were bred like that. I have 2 pitbulls at home and all they want to do is be on the furniture and lick you. They love children and cry if they can't play with random kids they see.

One is aggressive because my sister didn't train them properly and didn't socialize the one very much.

If people are going to get any dog that was bred to be a guard dog will be dangerous without proper training. It is the owners fault.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote