Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #11 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Yay! I am glad you got their dog back

I really do not think pitbulls are dangerous, sure they were bred like that. I have 2 pitbulls at home and all they want to do is be on the furniture and lick you. They love children and cry if they can't play with random kids they see.

One is aggressive because my sister didn't train them properly and didn't socialize the one very much.

If people are going to get any dog that was bred to be a guard dog will be dangerous without proper training. It is the owners fault.

Actually, Pitbulls were never bred to be guard dogs and actually make horrible guard dogs because of their ability to be so friendly with humans. The point of using one as a guard dog is visual only, and they are useless if kept outdoors. Pitbulls will guard their home and owner, but when left outside... they will only guard their dog house. But the image is enough to turn off most people, and Pitbulls don't trust you if you don't trust them. Survival instinct.

Pitbulls were also never bred to be human aggressive. They have a tendency to be animal aggressive which comes from the Terrier part of the breed, as most all Terriers always had a job of killing vermin and warding off predators on farms. Pitbulls are no different, just larger and stronger. They were originally used to protect farms from animals, then when man became sick and twisted, they started using them as betting wars against bears and then each other. Even when fighting Pitbulls, the dogs are to have zero human aggression. They fight for their owners, to please them.

But yeah, totally the owners fault when a Pitbull goes bad (aside from medical reasons which can effect any breed). So easy to get, easy to breed, easy money and they attract the wrong type of people most times :(
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #12 
Bombalurina

It makes me sad when I see pushes to make this beautiful breed illegal. I would love a pitbull girl one day but I hate the stigma around them. I think they just ought to make you have a license to prove you are a competent dog owner and ready for the challenges of the breed.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #13 
kfryman

I think those small dog owners need to have a license for the dog. I have almost gotten but by small dogs more than big dogs. I got bit by a huge German sheperd, though it was my fault. He was not properly trained and was VERY defensive, I ran and he thought I was trying to attack one of them so yeah.

I think that it is really stupid that some dogs are illegal in some cities.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #14 
MollyJean

I have a pit, Sadie. She's 6 months old and just had knee surgery. :( When we got her, our neighbor, who likes dogs, was all over her, wanted to cuddle and pet her, but as soon as I said she was a pit the woman wanted nothing to do with her. And mind you, this is a 1 month old puppy that fits in one hand and couldn't hurt a fly. (Way too young, but the woman I got her from was going to send her to the pound because she was the runt.. grrr)

Last month she got off her lead and I paniced. I went to my neighbor and asked if she had seen my puppy and she acted like she didn't care one way or the other. Made me so mad.... Thankfuly, Sadie came home within an hour, but that lady wouldn't have helped if I begged, just because she's a pit. >.<
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #15 
Thebettaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Yay! I am glad you got their dog back

I really do not think pitbulls are dangerous, sure they were bred like that. I have 2 pitbulls at home and all they want to do is be on the furniture and lick you. They love children and cry if they can't play with random kids they see.

One is aggressive because my sister didn't train them properly and didn't socialize the one very much.

If people are going to get any dog that was bred to be a guard dog will be dangerous without proper training. It is the owners fault.
I agree. This poor breed is always thought of dangerous at all times. When in reality, an individual doesn't look at the big picture. If one dog is aggressive, there's a reason behind it.
Today, I went to North shore Animal league, they had a massive Shepherd/Pitbull mix. Sweetest, male, ever.
It's not the breed's fault, even it they're powerful dogs. DX
They can be the sweetest ones too.
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #16 
bahamut285

I can't even believe this is a thread. I'm glad that OP decided to do the right thing in the end but the fact that they even second guessed what the right thing to do just blows my mind.

Scumbag humanity: I don't want to live on this planet anymore
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
I can't even believe this is a thread. I'm glad that OP decided to do the right thing in the end but the fact that they even second guessed what the right thing to do just blows my mind.

Scumbag humanity: I don't want to live on this planet anymore
Well, Newt Gingrich wants to send people to live on the moon. Maybe you can be one of the first to go. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #18 
bahamut285

Oh, believe me I would love to, DQ. lmao

I'd prefer chilling out on the ISS though, much more awesome
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote