Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #1 
CoyoteBetta22

Male cant keep him self up right!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!

my male his is not doing good at all!!!! all his fins look really bad really really bad and he keeps turning upside down and i dont kow what to do to help him hes my pride and joy i just simply cant sit here an watch him die omg im freaking out
CoyoteBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #2 
Keiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteBetta22 View Post
my male his is not doing good at all!!!! all his fins look really bad really really bad and he keeps turning upside down and i dont kow what to do to help him hes my pride and joy i just simply cant sit here an watch him die omg im freaking out
It sounds like his bladder is broken.

I'd take out water, just enough for him to survive (shallow water), and with luck he might turn right-side-up again.

check aquariumadvice.com too
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #3 
Myates

No reason to check another site.. we have a section on these forums specifically for helping sick bettas.. we also have information from vets and people who have taken care of fish/bettas for decades here too :)

Buoyancy problems won't fix with luck, and swim bladders don't get broken lol..

Can you describe his fins? Are they shredded, are the edges blackened and flaking off? Red? White fungal growth on them?

As for buoyancy problems, which could be from bloating or swim bladder disorder can easily be taken care of if that is all that is wrong with him-

Start him out on two teaspoons of Epsom salt- no dye or fragrance- per gallon, dissolve it and add in water conditioner before adding your fish to it.
Daily 100% water changes must be made each day, adding in the salt mixture each time. Keep him in the mixture continuously.. the baths you mentioned on your other thread is not enough to help him. Baths don't tend to do much for them overall.
SBD and buoyancy tends to take roughly 5-8 days in Epsom before they are better.

What are you feeding, and how much per day?
What is your routine on water changes?
Temp of the water?
Conditioner?

There are different factors that will cause that issue, as well as different ailments that will cause it. But without more knowledge and information, or even a picture we can only speculate that he is having SBD, and can treat that accordingly (what I mentioned above).
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #4 
CoyoteBetta22

i made a better thred that gives that info and idk i think it might be too late cause looks like hes just stopped breathing all together if not then he is barely breathing and he floats on his bck and just moves around the tank(not him doing it) i think he might be dead wont respond to anythign i moved him in a lil jar i had no other choice but to cup him in my hand witha lil water and put in gently in the cup of water i dont have epsom salt and i am currently broke as a joke but seriously im about to cry cause he just looks dead of do i tell if he is... ( how to pronounce him RIP)
CoyoteBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote