Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #1 
GreyCheyenne

Horse Lovers?

I am horse crazy (I have 3 of my own), and I just wanted to know who else owns/loves horsies.
Here's a link to a video of our family's 7 horses + our neighbors' 2 (they all stay together in shared pastures). They are doin alot of running & bucking.

http://www.horsechannel.com/horse-vi...464b9932e.aspx

Pics are Cheyenne (11), & her 2 babies, Majesty(almost 5), & Myrrh(now almost 2, I just wanted to put a cute baby pic).

So if you have any horses, post pics!
Attached Images

GreyCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #2 
copperarabian

awww they're so cute. I've adored horses my whole life and I'd love to have one at some point but boarding fees and vet fees can add up quickly. If I did I'd want either a Frisian, Arab, Quarter horse, Anglo Arab, or Percheron Quarter horse mix. The ranch next to where my friend keeps her horses breeds Frisians and he had to sell all his young horses for a few thousand each, if I had the money I would of totally picked one of those awesome boys up because Frisians are usually very expensive.

:)
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #3 
GreyCheyenne

I LOVE Friesians! They are so majestic & beautiful. Arabians too, actually, they are all wonderfull:)

I hope that some day you can get your very own beautiful horse!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #4 
copperarabian

I still have a lot to learn about them, and I do worry about being injured since your working with a massive and intelligent creature. Even a horse can make the mistake of injuring someone it cares about.

How are horses as pets? I've seen horses get excited to see people but how are they? With parrots you have to be very careful with your relationship, many birds think of they're people as they're mates and will even viciously protect or even punish them for getting to close to another person lol
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #5 
Thomasdog

Love em! Unforchananately, we live in a landlocked area and my horse has to live in a stall with no grass pastures D:.. but she would probably eat herself to death anyway! LOL
At a show:

Showing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Ezy...eature=related
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #6 
GreyCheyenne

Thomasdog, that is a very pretty horse! I think jumping is really cool. I have only jumped small jumps because I ride western & I don't wanna get thrown off balance & land on the saddle horn (ouch)! Someday I wanna by an english saddle though...
Old 03-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #7 
GreyCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
I still have a lot to learn about them, and I do worry about being injured since your working with a massive and intelligent creature. Even a horse can make the mistake of injuring someone it cares about.

How are horses as pets? I've seen horses get excited to see people but how are they? With parrots you have to be very careful with your relationship, many birds think of they're people as they're mates and will even viciously protect or even punish them for getting to close to another person lol

Yes, they are big compared to us, and alot of people do get injured. I think that most of the time people get hurt is when they're not paying attention; which is easy to do especially when other people are around. When we are trail riding I've had to remind my bro & sis to pay more attention to their horses(they were busy talkin & goofin off). Another example is that one time my dad stepped through a fence, Cheyenne was standing there & he went under her neck. She bit his back(she doesn't really like men anyway), so what I would do in that situation is watch the horses body language & make sure it is ok with you before(and during if possible) walking under her neck.

I didn't know parrots could be so jeolous!!! Horses are not quite like that. They are different from each other as well, some horses can be "one-person" horses (haven't ever met one though). Some would rather not be around people as they associate them with work, deworming, etc. Alot will get jeolous of other horses though, if they are boss over others they will sometimes chase them away so they can get attention. It really just depends on how much you put in a relationship with the horse. Past treatment can affect how long it takes to establish a good relationship though. Fun activities like teaching the horse tricks is good because the horse enjoys it more than riding, & the owner has fun too.
Anyways, sorry for rambling on and on!!! I hope this helped
Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #8 
makoisland

I'm a horse lover! I have been my whole life. I have what I call a sweet-and-sour (you'd know what I mean if you met her) horse named Cherokee, she's about 15 years old. My dad has a Paint horse named Shawnee, and my sister has a Paint horse named Summer.
makoisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #9 
Inga

This girl was the love of my life for 23 years. She had to be put to sleep at 24 due to an accident where she fell and broke her hip. I had her for pretty much her whole life and miss her more then I can put into words.

I have owned, trained and showed many horses but none compared to that lovely girl. That picture isn't the best as I had to crop in tight, her few hour old baby was running right behind her. I don't have any pictures of her kids on the computer but each one was lovely. One of her babies showed 4th level dressage and was a stunning Bay with 4 high whites and a huge star. She was 17.2 hands.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #10 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

I love horses too! Both hubby and I ride and we have taken two riding trips to Europe. One on the west coast of Ireland and the other from a castle in Tuscany.
We don't own horses, just ride the lesson horses or as we call them... "Schoolies".
There is no way we could afford board, farrier, vets, lessons, etc etc etc etc etc..... and etc.... and travel too.
So travel it is when we can. (We are both highly addicted to Europe but live in Canada.)

Inga... post the pic with the baby too!! (Thank you for sharing!)

GreyCheyenne... nice pics!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote