Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #11 
GreyCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoisland View Post
I'm a horse lover! I have been my whole life. I have what I call a sweet-and-sour (you'd know what I mean if you met her) horse named Cherokee, she's about 15 years old. My dad has a Paint horse named Shawnee, and my sister has a Paint horse named Summer.
My mom used to have a horse named Cherokee:) Sadly we had to sell her though (just not enough money back then). I was about 2 & it is one of my first memories.
GreyCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #12 
GreyCheyenne

Inga, that's so sad about your beautiful girl:( That's a very neat pic!
Jakiebabie, that's so cool that you get to go to all those neat places! I would LOVE to travel & go on horseback tours & stuff.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #13 
makoisland

Aww. Before I was born my family had a mare named Girly, and she had a foal named Misty. They had to sell them though, so I never got to meet them. :(
makoisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #14 
Inga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakiebabie View Post
I love horses too! Both hubby and I ride and we have taken two riding trips to Europe. One on the west coast of Ireland and the other from a castle in Tuscany.
We don't own horses, just ride the lesson horses or as we call them... "Schoolies".
There is no way we could afford board, farrier, vets, lessons, etc etc etc etc etc..... and etc.... and travel too.
So travel it is when we can. (We are both highly addicted to Europe but live in Canada.)

Inga... post the pic with the baby too!! (Thank you for sharing!)

GreyCheyenne... nice pics!

I can't I had to scan that picture in (which I did years ago) and My scanner is broke now. When I get it fixed, I can post lots of baby pictures.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #15 
Zappity

I LOVE horses! I don't have any of my own (not enough money, no space, ect) but I really want to take lessons this year. Dressage, and, if my Mom will stop panicking and let me, I'll do cross-country or jumping too.
My favorite horses are Frisians and Gypsy Vanners. They're just so beautiful!
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #16 
GreyCheyenne

That would be so cool to do dressage, cross country, & showjumping! I hope ya get to do it:) Yeah, Friesians & Gypsies are really beautiful!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #17 
Aus

I had horses for years, but had to quit riding due to bone damage from early onset arthritis in my lower spine - just too painful to ride, or my whole lower half would seize up after mounting, and - no legs for around 10 mins! My last horse used to think this was hilarious and take himself off for a little walk with me as a passenger, since he knew I had no means but the rein to stop him, and I'd never use a rein for a brake. He was so cheeky! Thank goodness he was quite elderly and kind, and didn't want to gallop anywhere.

I'm really fond of American breeds and have had Appaloosa, Paint, Quarter Horse and QHxArab.

Thanks all for sharing your pics, it's nice to see other people's lovely horses and remember my own.

As for horses and what kind of pets they are - they're hard work and expensive (vet bills! farrier bills! feed bills! oh my!), and proper care and training is a massive commitment on both accounts. That said, they're totally amazing - most of my horses were rescues with horrible feet and saddle sores, etc, and they always seemed so grateful for the care, even if they didn't know how to trust me at first .. makes me cry, lol.

Friends of mine breed mini-horses, and those make good pets if you remember they are horses and not lap dogs, and teach them good horse manners (like lifting their feet/standing still/leading/lunging nicely). If you don't, they quickly turn into expensive little monsters. Miniature horses are fun to show, and while they aren't -that- much cheaper than keeping a full size horse as far as feet, vet, food, worming, etc goes they are wonderful and totally rewarding pets for horse-loving non-riders (and sooo tempting..).

My ideal mini-horse.. though he could have a better shoulder...

Last edited by Aus; 03-12-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #18 
Kasablanca

I love meeting other horse lovers. I've been riding for 7 years now and have owned my baby Norma Jean (registered name Mito Inspired) for 3 years now. She is a registered quarter horse and we show locally and down south when I can get time off work. The video is of us in 2010 when we went to Orangeville for the Area 3 OQHA (Ontario Quarter Horse Association) All Novice/Summer Circuit Show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw9KapiS7ls
Attached Images

Kasablanca is offline   Reply With Quote