Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #21 
Wolfboy51

I named my first female VT Ruby because of her ruby red tail.
My first male CT Etzio (i used a dufferent spelling$) because he had the assassin red colour along with blue, purple and pink. (he also loved to hide in the plants, i havent decided on a name for my other male CT, im thinking of
Calling him lazuli or azul ( full name is lapis lazuli, its a blue gem). (azul is the Latin word for blue)

Last edited by Wolfboy51; 03-10-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #22 
cp6445

My betta names usually come from books or people I know. Keller's name just popped in my head and I can't really explain why it fits him so well, it just does.

I won't go thru all 12 of my bettas but here are a few notables:
Chrestomanci is a character from a children's book about an enchanter, and he has exactly the same personality, and he is beautiful, quite enchanting, so it fit.
Caden is named after a very shy but adorable patient of mine at work. He (the fish) is soooo shy and I am trying to get him out of his shell.
Cairo, a blue CT simply looks Egyptian, he's beautiful.
Fishy and Wishy were my first 2 girls in my sorority and are like peas in a pod, and they are very silly, so they got those silly names.

Mr. Imhy is my newest male VT who I definitely didn't need but he was so adorable, I had to buy him. Imhy stands for I Must Have You.

The rest all have their stories too:)
cp6445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #23 
Tikibirds

Talking

Let's see:

Mr. Magic Mushroom - I got him to give to my co worker but I didn't really trust her since she is an alcholic. One day we were talking about the "hippie" store in town and I couldn;t think of it's name so I called it Mr Magic Mushroom's. The real name of the place is Mr Rock N Roll.

Sluggles - co worker ordered WAY too many Sluggles candies, so I named the fish sluggles

Ferb - From Finneas and Ferb Cartoon.

Baron Von Fishy Fins the 2nd - It just came to me.

El Kabong - from Quick Draw Mcgraw 'toon

Tangaroa - Māori mythology, Tangaroa (also Takaroa) is one of the great gods, the god of the sea. He has Tiki Hut Decor, hence the polynesian name. Not really sure how to pronounce it though

Apple Bloom - From My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #24 
Tikibirds

Talking

Let's see:

Mr. Magic Mushroom - I got him to give to my co worker but I didn't really trust her since she is an alcholic. One day we were talking about the "hippie" store in town and I couldn;t think of it's name so I called it Mr Magic Mushroom's. The real name of the place is Mr Rock N Roll.

Sluggles - co worker ordered WAY too many Sluggles candies, so I named the fish sluggles

Ferb - From Finneas and Ferb Cartoon.

Baron Von Fishy Fins the 2nd - It just came to me.

El Kabong - from Quick Draw Mcgraw 'toon

Tangaroa - Māori mythology, Tangaroa (also Takaroa) is one of the great gods, the god of the sea. He has Tiki Hut Decor, hence the polynesian name. Not really sure how to pronounce it though

Apple Bloom - From My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Depry Fins - spoof of Derpy Hooves from My Little pony: Friendship is magic. he is kinda derpy...
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #25 
Pitluvs

This could get long lol

Boys:
Ben - Because it suited him, and we were watching Supernatural at the time and Dean's son is named Ben. I name all my rats after Supernatural characters.

Hughie - Because he looked like an old man, all sick and shriveled up when I took him home. I live in a mostly Irish/Scott area, so Hughie is a popular old man name.

Twitch - Was Jose, but I switch to Twitch because he would twitch from his ammonia poisoning at the store. He doesn't stop moving now.

Spidey - He was blue and red, my fiance named him after Spiderman.

Freddy - My friend Jenn named him when she bought him for me. It was Fred, but I liked Freddy more :)

Nixon - Named by his previous owner :)

Sheldon - I just went through 3 weeks of Big Bang Theory after ripping all the tendons in my foot and being bed ridden... so I named him after a character.

Monkey - Because he used to perch in the sponge bob house window, like a little monkey. He couldn't swim so this was how he watched us and got away from the bottom of the tank.

Gadget - My son named him this, after Inspector Gadget.

Jack - Jack Frost, winter name.

Kris - Kris Kringle, another winter name.

Gage - I wanted a strong name for our new PK who's still with his rescuer until the weather warms up. Gage was the other name I chose for my son.

Chaise - I took him home recently, and bought a new computer chair too. I wasn't supposed to go to the pet store! So we spent the whole night building the chair and taking care of our new Betta... so I named him Chaise which is the French word for chair. It's said like Chase :)

And all the girls have Japanese names that reflect their color :)

Last edited by Pitluvs; 03-10-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #26 
Luimeril

too many to name, but my latest two are strange.
Twitch, is the name of a friend of mine. xD i couldn't think of anything at the time, and Twitch just seemed to fit the little guy so well. :B they're both adorable and derpy.

as for Stephano, it's the name given to gold statues in the game Amnesia, by PewDiePie. i'm rather addicted to his videos at the moment, so... Stephano!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #27 
MollyJean

My last betta, Lunch, who died in a fire, was named because my cats would sit and stare at him like they wanted to eat him. Sad.. but ironic.

My current betta was a birthday present. I had been wanting a betta for about 3 months and my husband would tease me. He would be talking like I am now about something, a TV show or a book or a shopping trip..

"When we went to Walgreens they had some of those topsy tervy tomato planters and betta betta betta betta betta betta betta betta betta..."

And this went on for months. Just to tease me. It got to the point the whole family was doing it. "Mom! I made a 100 on my betta betta betta betta betta betta"

A few weeks before my birthday, my husband ordered a 3 gallon tank online, and on my birthday, Feb 2nd, my husband drove me the hour out to Knoxville, the closest town with a pet shop, and we picked out a fish and a snail and some shrimp. I watched him for days trying to think of a name.... but there was no point. His name was destined to be Bettabettabetta.

And my family still randomly "bettas" while they're talking... >.>
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #28 
makoisland

Tikibirds-- haha, I love Phineas and Ferb. C:

XD MollyJean, that's hysterical. Not the lunch part of course... bettabettabetta
makoisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #29 
ParadisMutts

Haiku - I was planning on going with an Asian name. I was just thinking about fish names and was like I would love to name a fish Haiku (I am a big reader and writer, written word is beautiful). When I picked him out he was so pretty and beautiful, Haiku just fit! I thought it was a neat name, haven't heard it before.
ParadisMutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #30 
Wolfboy51

A haiku is also a type of poem lol.
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote