Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 AM   #31 
DormDrax

I'm an artsy person so of course I'm going to give my pets odd yet fitting names...

Names that have........ COLOR AND FEEEEL

Drax had a great powerful thrash with how it rolls off the tongue. His colors a bold purple and blue!

Sotto (SO-toe) is more flamboyant, shy and his colors are light blue green with whispers of red. he shimmers as he swims but glides around the other fish as if he isn't there... Truly a whisper... SOTTO... Sotto... sotto........

The neons? .... Eh mom named them.

Pressuring my cousin to give me his kids 5gal since the kid keeps killing fish and I want another tank... So far I'm winning... If I got more Bettas id name them things like...

Blanc
Kalo
Narfin

SOUNDS things that sound pretty as well...

Wisp
Chime
Plip

Etc lol
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:24 AM   #32 
Shirleythebetta

6 of my sorority girls are named after my great aunts (I have tons of aunts). They are Margaret, Patty, Shirley, Rose, Wanda (the meany), and Maudie. My other two gals are named peaches and cherry. I named cherry for her cherry red fins. I had never seen a red that bright on a female. and my husband named the other peaches and I have no idea why. It doesn't fit her at all.
My husband named all my boys. They are pretty obviously named after movies. We have captain america and red skull. Then there is Superman and Flash and poor Charlie (charlie and the chocolate factory) who is sick :(
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #33 
Aluyasha

I just got a 4th betta yesterday. lol
I named him M'iaq. I already have Goldfish named after things in the game Fallout New Vegas so I figured I would go full circle and have a betta named for something in Elder Scrolls. Plus I told my husband I was not going to get a fish yesterday. So my name choice became M'iaq The Liar. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #34 
pianoxlove64

Im getting a new one pretty soon since toothless died :(
Idk wat im gonna call maybe a movie character....
pianoxlove64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #35 
RoranicusPondicus

Since I have had only 4 bettas all do then all

Past:

Eeyore - He was blue with a purple underside. He also just sat around most of time. Plus I love Eeyore.

Kiwi - He was a blue and light green. His colors reminded me of a birds and there was a Conure at the Petsmart name Kiwi.

Pirate - He was a solid blue with a black face. I got him during last few month of 12th grade. My School colors were blue and black or I named him pirate after the mascot

Current:

Roranicus Pondicus aka Rory - Rory was named after a character on Doctor Who. Rory is a very chill guy but can be a bad ass when he get pissed off. Oddly he was like to swim around to Edmund, which is a band the actor who play Rory was in. He is the betta in my avatar pic.
RoranicusPondicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #36 
BettaMiah

Well I LOVE Japanese things, so sometimes I go on websites to choose names for them. Yuuki's name is modified, I added an extra "u" to make it cuter. Ryu's name was the same. Beau I decided in school before I had even got him, then changed the spelling a few times (Beau is my Goldfish). Echo, my Pleco, was changed a few times and then it just came to me because it rhymed. And Kia, my Cory Catfish, was originally like Yuuki and Ryu but then she layed eggs to I took off the "A" and "o" and got Kia.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #37 
pianoxlove64

Hahaha i love japanese names I have a bird called Umi which means oceans :D cause hes blue
pianoxlove64 is offline   Reply With Quote