Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #1 
chrissylee13

what!? another new female for me?!?

yup.. i know it's horrible.. but i bought a walmart female. she was something i've never seen before around here. and she is blue! i've been looking for one anyways. :] she does have longer fins but she definitely has an ovipositor. and her ventral fins are rather thin and small. i can't get her to flare though.

also, i bought a new 10 gal tank. i know it's not ideal to put 4 in this tank divided. but since she was an impulse buy i decided to anyways. it won't be like this for long though once i move and get my sorority up and running. hopefully the other 2 ladies will work well in the sorority, i'm a little hesitant about putting this new girly in since her fins are longer.

btw, i will be getting more/better plants in this tank, so don't mind how it's just random stuff. :p
Attached Images

chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #2 
betta lover1507

GORGEOUS *steals!* but she is a blue mustard gas :I
also try to get 3 girls before starting a sorority, people say 2 females will be too aggresive to one another (it worked for me once, depends on the size of tank)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #3 
chrissylee13

thanks! and i thought she was mustard gas. she changes color while moving. but her ventrals are actually this peachy pink color when i can see them! lol.

oh yeah, don't worry, i'm all over getting more females. i want to do a 20 gal long sorority. sooooo i'm planning on at least having 6 females. probably more though.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #4 
Thomasdog

She's soooo pretty! I have the same heater as you and I love it! (sorry...randomness) And the way you have it right now is still 2.5 gallons per fish... a lot better than most poor bettas have right now. And I think that you setup is cool. As long as they are happy, warm, healthy, and can spread their fins, life is good for our fishie friends! :D
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #5 
styggian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissylee13 View Post
thanks! and i thought she was mustard gas. she changes color while moving. but her ventrals are actually this peachy pink color when i can see them! lol.

oh yeah, don't worry, i'm all over getting more females. i want to do a 20 gal long sorority. sooooo i'm planning on at least having 6 females. probably more though.
I have 8 females in a 15gal with double filtration without trouble, so you can definitely have more than six in a 20 long.
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #6 
chrissylee13

haha it's okay! and thanks! yeah, it's a top fin 50 watt. i hope it does okay in this 10 gal since i've had it in a 6 gal before. the temp is steady though.

and i know! thats how i thought of it! lol. i just hate that the spaces are so little. it's hard to clean. but i'll make due til i move in a month or so. glad its only a 20 min move lol
Old 03-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #7 
styggian

I have three top fin heaters right now and they work fantastic. I have two 25w heaters in a divided 15gal and together they keep it at a perfect 82 degrees. I've heard some people have trouble with them, but they're working great for me.
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #8 
chrissylee13

yeah at first it didn't work well since i wasn't used to how this one works. but now it's fine lol.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #9 
mattoboy

Beautiful!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #10 
chrissylee13

thanks!

i now noticed that she has at least one tiny hole in her tail fin. boo. and possibly another starting. i hope she hasn't already gotten fin rot before i got her. :[