Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #1 
Fin2you

Thumbs up LOVING my TETRA WHISPER Filter

Filter died had to go buy a new one I was heming & hawing over the same kind I had b4 or getting this one... I am so glad I bought this one. Don't have to baffle either the intake or output, Fin swims around the intake & rests near the output, never getting swept away....
it's the Whisper Internal Power Filter for 2-10 Gallon Aquariums & it even has the silent filter Technology!!!
just wanted to share b/c I know filter issues seem to be common!!!!
Fin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #2 
kfryman

Personally, I hated my Tetra Whisper PF10. It was actually louder than my Aquaclear that I bought that was rated for 30 gallons. The reason why yours is quiet would be because the motor is in the water, reducing the noise, or at least reducing the noise out of the water... Not sure about inside.

To me those cartridges are a waste though. I like how the Aquaclear comes with 3 stage filtration and adjustable flow.

I just got the Marinara 10, suitable for like 5 gallons, it has the motor inside as well, but is a hang on back. It is nice, though they waste filtration space in how you set up the cartridges. Also, the adjustable flow on the lowest setting barely even moves the water, while the high setting does a good job.

I still like Tetra products, but filters that have that adjustable flow is nice.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #3 
Fin2you

Hmm I wonder if they've changed recently? Mine hangs over the back of my tank. It did come with an additional suction cup & 3 different hanger heights I have mine on the middle height adjustment.
what's the difference between the single filter cartridge vs the 3 stage one? my old one was a 3 stage & I hated cleaning it!
Fin2you is offline   Reply With Quote