Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #1 
freemike

Internal Parasites white stuff coming out after treatment??

I treated my fish with Jungle Parasite Clear about 6 hours ago. He seemed to pep up but now he is resting on the heater or thermometer near the top of the water almost lifeless. His color is still very vibrant. Also now has white "stuff" coming out his anal region and gills. I wish I could describe it better but it's hard and it's small so the camera will not really show it. Is this normal? Is this like deworming a dog?

Last edited by freemike; 03-08-2012 at 11:58 PM.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:38 AM   #2 
iceyrose

Did ur betta have an enlarged belley during any of this? My guys has an enlaged belly I have no clue as to why? He's always hungry like u said ur guy is right at feeding time supper fast to gobble his food. Found a few particals on the tank floor that looked whiteish. I fed his a few dried blood worms yester day that where pre frozed and dead. Today I didn't feed him to help flush what ever was bothering him out. Last night his belly was super swollen then I whent to sleep and around 10:30 am his belley looked healthy again...then started swelling around 11:30_ and then around 3:00am central standard time its super swollen. His scales look good not pineconeing or anything? Super confused? Going to check the pet store for more answers today?
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #3 
freemike

He was slightly swollen above his anal region. He has been refusing food today so I guess the parasites were getting to him. He's actually swimming around again but this "stuff" keeps coming out. He's lost two so far. Doesn't really look like waste my only guess at this point is some type of worm but never really heard of fish worms. Did a search on it and apparently they get worms I think. I'm going to do another round of treatment in 48 hrs like the box says to hopefully get it all and put him back on regular schedule water changes.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:53 AM   #4 
iceyrose

That's sounds awfull sorry u and ur little dude have to go thru that
Also u seem like your a very caring betta parent & good luck with things.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #5 
iceyrose

Do u check the peramiters of ur water or own a kit? I'm looking into picking on out for cycling not shur if it'll trun out with a 5gallon tank? Any reccomendations?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #6 
freemike

Yeah I own the API master test kit. It's nice and the 5 gallon tank should cycle fine. Also if you can do it I highly recommend the fishless cycling it is a lot easier on your fish that way.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #7 
iceyrose

Yea I'm worryed about that since he's been sick...but I live in mn and its still cold so I have to keepem in the 5 gallon tank. I have a filter system so hopefully that will help a lot to remove his waste in the water except number two which id vacuum out. Since its a five gallon I suppos eid have to change water atleast 75% to add epsont salt.. and float him in his med cup again. How are u doing with ur guy?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #8 
freemike

He seems to be doing better but I'm still going to give him another round just to be certain they are gone. Don't want to have to do this again.