Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #1 
LugiaChan

New [No Name] betta! Blue/red - My third one ;)

The story goes much like this...

*Go to the store, still considering betta or salt water fish.
*Look thru every betta available.
*Find one that constantly swims against the plastic container. It appeared... Very calm, and when it noticed my face it gave me a very friendly trusting look. It was as if it knew I had very good intentions as a friend, and calm enough to have known me for a long time. It would constantly swim against its container, and it would not act feisty when picked up. This was odd, all of my betta were always the opposite. Fiesty when picked up, ignoring of the contained and just would lay. Before I bought them, that is.

Well....
I did NOT trust that this fish, like many would be taken care of properly (containers for betta, filteration, all of the things that should be taken much more seriously at stores). It chose me and I chose it, so I decided to take this betta home. Its personality is completely unique for many reasons.

*It constantly wants to be near me and in front of my computer screens.
*It wiggles around when noticing me, even on the first day.
*When I held up a 3.69 gallon tank (not sure if I want to upgrade to 5 gal but pretty sure), it kept trying to eat or bite at it.
*It made the plastic bag into a trampoline when I was letting him get used to the water temperature. I cant wait to see what it does with the leaf bed toy!
*He is slightly smaller for a betta. And looked VERY healthy asides not liking his itsy bitty container which is normal for them at the stores.
*He has very very clear unique eyes that is hard to see on the photos.

I am wondering how to make it more happy! It never made any bubbles except one small bubble when it eats. :( it's actively swimming around in what it has right now and exercising happily, it loves me a lot, and I am upgrading from this silly little vase to a natural plant aquarium 3-5 gal. as soon as I can get one! Will have a filter *what's your recommendation with plants ;)? He DOES have air holes on that plastic! Like I said he was bought as soon as I saw him to keep him away from mean kids or small tanks from the store D: How am I going to put the fish in a huge tank next to me so it can enjoy my company LOL! This is something I need help on.

HERE ARE THE PICS....!!!

*What are good toys for the fish?
*How about some fun plants?

Here is my room for those who want to help me find a spot for my fish! I was thinking near the window but it's not near me by the computer :O! Plus the fish tank will be heavy, any options are considerable! If there's a shelf or something that can hold heavy weight let me know about it or any awesome spot ideas. Anything XD!
*The one spot I wont allow my fish to go is above my computer screens, i'm moving part of my lugia collection over towards the other one and i'm putting dream posters up!
*Please don't mind the mess ;D I'm a collector AND ebay sales woman, AND I just did a huge re-modeling so stuff is EVERYWHERE like a giant plush explosion LOLS! o.o;

Last edited by LugiaChan; 03-09-2012 at 02:31 AM.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #2 
FishyFishy89

awh he is so cute :)
Spike does the same thing to me. Hubs call him my dog-fish xD
I've heard bettas love dwarf lilies if you are willing to try a live plant.
Anything with big leaves the bettas will love. Also anything with holes/tunnels. Spike can't get enough zooming and wiggling his little butt through his logs.

As far as fitting him in....im gonna need a pic of your desk area ;)
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:19 AM   #3 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
awh he is so cute :)
Spike does the same thing to me. Hubs call him my dog-fish xD
I've heard bettas love dwarf lilies if you are willing to try a live plant.
Anything with big leaves the bettas will love. Also anything with holes/tunnels. Spike can't get enough zooming and wiggling his little butt through his logs.
Lol!!! Yeah I understand ;D Oh yes totally I don't like plastic plants or the idea of them, real ones look more appealing and fun to me and it'll be my first time with real plants. Whee~ I heard they like round things too, but this is good that they like holes/tunnels as long as they do no harm to their fins ^o^ and large leaves is a new one thannnnnnnnnnnks!!! <3

OK I will take a pic of my room ;D it's gonna be a challenge to help but it's cool! i'll reply when this gets put into here any moment.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #4 
FishyFishy89

A local small pet store in my area sells these AWESOME logs. And Spike even naps inside them every night. Its so cute xD

In my experience, when I was still purchasing fake plants, I would get big leafed/soft plants and my bettas always loved to lay on them. Then I found their fascination with holes and that was epic to watch. I never get bored of it.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #5 
LugiaChan

Quote:
As far as fitting him in....im gonna need a pic of your desk area ;)
OKAY, updated! Just refresh please ;D Heehe~!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #6 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaChan View Post
OKAY, updated! Just refresh please ;D Heehe~!
That little desk may help. But it's too close to the door for my comfort.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:04 AM   #7 
LugiaChan

Quote:
True, and it's quite small and for displaying ebay items... Hum.... It'd be nice to have it above my computer or floating! Floating tanks need to be for sale.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:14 AM   #8 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Oh I know what I am going to do. I was going to wall mount my computer screens and have room on my shelf in front of me. There will be enough room for what's above the monitors too, so it can be in front of me the whole time too :D excellent.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #9 
petlove16

Amazon swords are great live plants for bettas. I see my betta (Rambo) sometimes rest on the leaves and swim through it. A good cave that you can make yourself are coconut caves. Here is a good link on how to make one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz6NvUKEi78 He just loves the coconut cave and it looks natural in a tank.
petlove16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #10 
Tikibirds

I take it you like Lugia??

Pretty fishie. I would call him Whooper...
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote