Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #11 
Fin2you

I am back from the store, it turns out these little guys were mislabled. they are a pygmy cory of a spotted color variety. they showed me in a breeding tank the adults & they are between the 1.25-1.5". they will have a new shipment from another breeder or in 3-4wks they may have some of their store-raised fry. so anyone know what the latin name of these guys are?
Fin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #13 
Fin2you

sorry couldn't figure out how to edit my last post, the store manager called me and told me they are: Corydoras Habrosus. Appologised for the mix up and have offered me either a refund or store credit for the price of the cory's. I've said I'll take it in store credit to get more cory's when they have more available. so I think I'll get 1 more of these guys and 1 red laser I think they're called. I saw a picture of them yesterday and thought they looked cool, again shipment due Monday
Old 03-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #14 
fishy friend2

red laser wont school with habrosus corydoras, they ideally should be in groups of there own kind and not 2 of one kind 1 of the other, as they wont feel secure, theyll be better off in a group of 6 of there own kind
fishy friend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #15 
Fin2you

that's why I love forums with people who have actual real life experience with different fish! K will get 2 maybe 3 more (I like the idea of odd #'s!) of these little guys!
My betta community tank is coming together so well, thank you!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #16 
fishy friend2

your welcome, I'm glad to help. there is no way that I'm never going to discourage someone from keeping the dwarf species of corydoras, they are a very rewarding species of fish. I love mine so much. Be sure to have regular updates on how they are doing!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #17 
Fin2you

reading more info on them, I think I have a male & a female. 1 is "brighter" & "wider" than the other.... LOL hmmm will have to watch for eggs
Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #18 
fishy friend2

I don't think that they'll breed p, just becuase you have a male and a female doesn't guarentee eggs, they usually only Breed in schools of 6+
Old 03-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #19 
Bombalurina

Yay! Glad they are a form of pygmy, not the giants we thought you had. :p I would get at least 6. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #20 
Fin2you

New Pygmy Corys coming today!!! & I've met someone local looking for an Airpod for a trade of some snails... I have an airpod I won't be using so, I can't wait to get over there for the trade. He's got Spixi, Mystery & Trumpets. I'm going to be sharing these with a friend, not sure if I will actually keep any of them. maybe a 2nd spixi. I just learnt that Spixi's will attack Trumpets, so my friend can have them!