Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #1 
ChibiShishou

Lightbulb Hamster tubing in fish tanks safe?

In a few pet stores Ive seen they have submersed those small mammal hamster tunnels in the aquariums and I thought it looked like a really nifty ideas for bettas! But is that safe for them? I would imagine if it didn't have sharp edges but are those safe to submerge in water?Wouldn't it leak chemicals? Or is it an ok thing to do?
ChibiShishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

The ones here are advertised as aquarium safe as well as hamster safe. I've seen other people do it too. :) I would wait for more people to weigh in on this issue before trying it, though - what brand are you looking at?
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #3 
ChibiShishou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
The ones here are advertised as aquarium safe as well as hamster safe. I've seen other people do it too. :) I would wait for more people to weigh in on this issue before trying it, though - what brand are you looking at?
I havent looked into it yet, I just saw the pet store had their Black Ghost Knife had all these little tubes for him. (they have ones on here??)Figured the fish might enjoy exploring as long as it wasn't too complex o.- I was wondering if it was safe to use in aquarium so the fact they have aquarium safe ones is very intriguing!
ChibiShishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

Considering the fact that most small animals are chewers, the plastic used is safe. I have had hamster tunnels in my divided tank for months, since August really. Nothing harming my fish :) I used the Living World ones.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #5 
BeautifulBetta

Thats such a cool idea!!
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #6 
Pitluvs

Here's some in Nixon's old tank :)

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #7 
Bombalurina

Living world are the ones around here, too. If I ever do a non-natural tank, I may consider it. I may even get some and just cover them in java moss and sand...
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote