Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #11 
Shirleythebetta

I so agree with you! I tell my mother that all the time. you aren't old until your not moving or breathing, once you pass your expiration date your old. If your alive you shouldn't toss yourself out like old fruit. I used to be a caregiver and I took care of a 100 year old lady who bragged about how good her body looked for being a century old and birthing four babys. She still walked without a walker at her death at age 103.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #12 
ravenwinds

That is awe inspiring!
I agree...its all in your head, so to speak...if you tell yourself that you're old, you'll start to feel old and won't be able to do things...you'll literally age before your time!
I see it with my mom all the time.
Of course some days I feel ancient and I swear my joints and feet belong to those of someone twice my age....and other days, I can keep up with 20 year old!
I'm a nurse in a nursing home, I work with Alzheimer's and dementia patients. Sometimes I come across someone who believes that they are 12 years old and even though their bodies are failing, all skin and bones, arthritis in every joint...during those times they believe that they're young, will stand up and walk unaided...the human mind and soul are amazing!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #13 
Shirleythebetta

I have worked with elderly and the mentally ill so I get that. it's humbling at times and makes you realize how furtunate you are. Doesn't it?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #14 
ravenwinds

Yes! Exactly...and while it can take its toll and be exhausting in every way, once you center yourself and make some boundaries, it is the most rewarding work...your soul opens up, you now have 2 families, but more...you feel honoured and humbled to take these people that need you into your heart...they can teach you so much about yourself and others...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'll join the old fart thread. Lol I live with my elderly mother and it gets frustrating sometimes dealing with her problems as she can be very demanding.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #16 
joyfish

Well I have not heard my age mentioned yet so I might be the oldest yet, LOL, I have a month on my hubby even. We are both retired but stay busy enough. Might end up being a large group of us afterall.
joyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #17 
ravenwinds

The more the merrier...who wants to be the only one at the party!