Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #1 
gabrielle09

Will a betta guard his bubblenest if there are no eggs in it?

Okay so I woke up yesterday morning after having my breeding pair together all through the night and my male had chased her away from the nest so I assumed since they were getting along so well the night before that they had mated during the night when I had turned the lights off. So now my male is guarding his nest and barely leaves it at all but it doesn't look like there are any eggs in it so I was just wondering if bettas guard their nests even if there are no eggs in them. This is the first time I have had a betta be so attentive towards a nest that he has created. Thanks for your help.
gabrielle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

Wait a few days and if nothing has happened there were no eggs.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:13 AM   #3 
Fabian

Is the female still in it because my males do guard their nests with the female in sight.He just guard and blow new bubbles into it.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #4 
gabrielle09

No I took the female out two days ago and my male still guards his bubblenest and adds new bubbles but so far I don't see any sign of eggs or fry. I'm about ready to give up and start over with a new pair. My male got his fin ripped so he needs some time to heal and my female's tail fin has just gotten better. It is so disappointing because they were getting along so well. I really thought it would be successful.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:04 AM   #5 
Fabian

Is the bubble thick,maybe the eggs are hidden inside it.Or wait today because this is the time they start to hatch.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #6 
gabrielle09

The bubblenest was very thick but I don't think there were any eggs. The nest has started to disappear. My fish has stopped working on it and nothing hatched. It's been almost a week so I've given up on any hope of baby fish. I guess it's back to the drawing board.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 AM   #7 
Fabian

good luck on your next spawn.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry things didn't work out with your spawn.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #9 
gabrielle09

Oh it's okay. It's my first time trying to breed them and I am learning but I've had a couple of issues. Things like the female being too aggressive or not interested or the male being too aggressive. I'm sure I'll find a way to make it work eventually. I've been trying some different techniques and ways of doing things. Some work better than others but I'm finding my fish are quite picky. It's funny to watch them sometimes. Especially when they try to attack their shrimp when I am preping them for breeding.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, you can think of it as a learning experience. Good luck next time.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote