Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #1 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

New 20 gallon long tank! should i paint the back!

HI
i just bought a 20 gallon long tank with hood and light, believe it or not it cost me $20, so i am upgrading and leaving my 10 gallon as a back up tank. should i paint the back? what color do you recommend? have you done it? how to do it? and if you have pictures please post them.
also would it be too much to put 2 filters in it? 1 aqua-tech 10-20 and 1 5-15 and would i need an air pump using 2 filters.
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

If you're diving the tank and your filter is too weak to more the water on one of the partitions, then you would need more than one filter.
I don't see a reason why you would want to add two unless you get no water movement in the tank. And if so, I would just go for a adecuate filter for your size.

I don't recomend painting the back unless you use very light colors. The dark back will reflect light and create a huge mirror where your bettas will see themselves in and flare like mad.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote