Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #1 
CoyoteBetta22

Exclamation Female dragon betta white spots!

my huge female dragon betta has tiny white spot/dots on her body seen one on her fin and there is some on her tail pretty much whatever it is pretty much dont know what to do have non iodized salt but will probly go pick up a lil hang on the side specimen tank cause cant afford a hospitle tank what should i do!!!
CoyoteBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #2 
Karebear13

Seems like she has ICH. Can you take a picture to make sure? If she has ICH then you have to treat with aq salt that is the conservative way of treating. Do you have her in a tank with other fish. More information about her home would be helpful
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #3 
bettalover2000

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73332
Please answer these questions so we can help you more.
Housing
What size is your tank?
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have a filter?
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?
Is your tank heated?
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?
How often do you feed your betta fish?

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change?
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?
When did you start noticing the symptoms?
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?
Does your fish have any history of being ill?
How old is your fish (approximately)?
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #4 
CoyoteBetta22

i have a 20 gallon taller tank
aqua clear 20- with zeolite carb the bio max pellets in with the zeolite and a biomax sponge it gose sponge on bottom then the zeo then the biomax pellets on top

i just got this tank set up i cleaned it with really hot water so have not even been running for a week so she probly deloved it in the other ten gallon she was in

there is a tetra preset heater in it that keeps it around 70 going to get a diff one today that i can control the heat

she lives with 10 other female bettas there was a chinsese alge eater in there that probly sucked the slime coat off got him out and took care of that problem yeah he gone

no areation didnt think it would need it but deff thinking it might but i have soo many tanks and everthing in my room have all outlets with 4-5ways and extention cords and its just a fire hazard deffingly going to move them around today put some in different room for sure lol

feeding is diffcult cause i have no idea what the best food to give them soo i only have the betta pellets and fastened them for a couple day cause worried about constipation got them on track today starting there rutine of trying to make it i feed the 10am and then agin at 10pm and since there is 11 female bettas i give them 2 pellets a pieace making it 22 pellets not at once 11 one time soak them for ten mins so soak the first 11 then put them in soak the other 11 by the time those are done the other is gone and i put the other 11 in not reallly sure what a good rutine would be for 11 female bettas ina 20 gallon tall tank

no hood way to expesive currently getting a job right now start tuesday so 3 weeks from then get first paycheck deffinly cant wait that long but i can get money for medication and all that if needed been looking up on PP cause heard that cure ick quick but deffinently reseaching it but know nothing of it so deff wait pro help

she dont really look any diff pics are hard for me cause only got my phone and email takes forever she will die before i get that pic on i know for sure it is ick o cant tell just by looking i just felt like maybe if i looked like i didnt know anythinig people will respond faster cause idk people like to help people who knows nothing lol i guess have only had her for like a couple months and she is pretty big deff bigger than any female or male i have ever seen even compared to my other dragon who i thought was big looks small next to her dont think she a jumbo just probly was kept maybe in a huge tank er sumthing but shes like 2 inches its crazy

well when i would do a water change i would do like 50% and add a gallon at a time using betta safe from walmart and would take them all out and house them in there own jars clean gravle and all that until the water is like half of the tank and then add the same temp water gallon by gallon using the betta safe in the gallon jug before hand and letting it sit for a min would shake it and then sit for a min then put it in there

only tester i have is for ammonia and its a strip one i thought i grabbed the 5 in 1 but i deff grabbed the wrong one which pissed me off for 11 bucks i got the wrong one and already opened idk i just didnt wanna take it back i guess cant afford 100bucks for a pro kit tester so dont know what to do about the testing figured if i was on top of weekly water cycle and changes wouldnt even have to worrie about it im not sure new to the whole betta thing so thanks for helping and dealing with my horriable spelling and grammer thanks alot for being patient with me thanks really appreate the help
Old 03-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #5 
Karebear13

Do you have any live plants in the tank? and do any of the other females show any white spots? I would Siphon the gravel to clear out any eggs the ICH may have layed so that your other girls don't catch it... Im not that knowledgeable and wish I could help but Im not sure if you should treat the entire tank or isolate her? maybe someone will help with that. I would have some aq salt on handy
Old 03-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #6 
CoyoteBetta22

yes i forgot to say that i do have a amazon sword leaf plant in there it is a small one that was a new growth off my other one which was in a ten gallon tank and yeah pretty much all of them have white spots on them now that i take a closer look she was just the biggest betta i have so it was clearly easy to see on her and yeah idk i guess i can just go out and try and do the ick medication treatment but i would really rather have some pro advise on what to do and the best med i can buy the whole PP sounds like it would deff work but not sure on what to do about it or how to even use it right and all that i dont understand ppm what parts per million have no idea???
Old 03-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

In a situation like this, I would just go with Super Ich Cure from the pet store, add the amount following the directions on the bottle to a T. I use temp and salt when its a single Betta, but a whole tank I just use Super Ich Cure. Some don't like using chemicals though. But honestly, I don't like itchy fish :P

Chances are she contacted this because of the stress of the move from tank to tank. Ich is always in your tank, but it only attacks fish with weak immune systems.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #8 
Karebear13

I know ICH can be treated with aquarium salt but Im not sure about how to concentrate the water the right way. I also am not sure that you can use salt with live plants. But I would def siphon the gravel to get rid of any eggs so it doesn't worsen. Maybe send a PM to OFL or Sakura.