Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #41 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinjupiter View Post
Sorry if I came off as criticizing! I just wanted to share my mistake, and note that as my CAE got bigger, he became more of a jerk.
Sorry, that came off as mean :( It's good that you put your input in, since you have experience with them. :3
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #42 
twinjupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod View Post
I do not, sadly. And my female is a 100% female. Shes bigger than my HM male. My guess is that she spent a year at petsmart[where i got her, since I hate seeing them in the cups. It depresses me], and is pretty used to being alone.

Right now I have her in a cup, floating in the new and improved tank. I drastically changed the scenery, and i'm hoping that after a few weeks in the cup, the girls will be used to seeing each other, and there will be no more fighting.

Is this recommended? Or no?
I think floating her is a good idea. Maybe poke some holes in the cup to help water circulation?
I would also like to suggest adding more decor/plants. Maybe with more hidey holes things will settle down.
twinjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #43 
Pod

Yeah. I'm still working on getting more plants. Some that float and some that sink, but also allow swimming room for my other fish.

Things have pretty much settled down since shes been in her cup. And, its a petsmart cup that they keep male betta's in, so... I cant poke a hole in it without the cup breaking. I saved all the cups, this way, when i move to florida, I can take all my betta's with me.

What should be the recommended time that she stay in the cup for?
Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #44 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'd keep her in there until you get the 10 gallon. o-o
Old 03-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #45 
Pod

Tell me, would the following tank work well for a betta sorority?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regent-10-...-1-ct/10312733

Im honestly getting the 10 gallon from a friend, and it wont be here until April 9th. And I isolated another female, my smallest one, due to constant being picked on. Two cups are now in my tank.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #46 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That is fine, but you WILL need a lid of some sorts. Females can jump crazy high.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #47 
Pod

Yeah, i saw that yesterday. During feeding time of all my girls, one of my girls[whom i now suspect was spawned with the other girl who is free-roaming along with her, as they show no aggression towards each other and pretty much dont stray far from eachother], decided it would be nice to leap at my finger, which had a unthawed bloodworm on it.

I dont know if im going to get the 10 gallon from Walmart.

I've also looked around on random betta forums/advice collums, and many people say it isn't a good idea to keep females in a 10 gallon tank. Is this true?
Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #48 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

o-o Ten gal for 6 females is fine.. Who said this? :s
Old 03-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #49 
Pod

Random people at different places. I was looking up female betta sorority at school, clicked around, and saw many different fish hobbyist, some having a few years worth of experience, saying that a 10 gallon isn't good enough for females.

I'm intending to convince my mother to buy me 2 more females, along with large, dense plastic or silk plants. I intend to make the 10 gallon as recommended as needed, as I care deeply for all my fishies.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #50 
twinjupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod View Post
Tell me, would the following tank work well for a betta sorority?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regent-10-...-1-ct/10312733

Im honestly getting the 10 gallon from a friend, and it wont be here until April 9th. And I isolated another female, my smallest one, due to constant being picked on. Two cups are now in my tank.
Works pretty well for me!
I've got 8 girls total in here, and going to upgrade to a 20gal long or a 29 gal in the next month or so.
twinjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote