Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #61 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

^- This will help if you can control the temp.
If not, you will have to treat ALL the fish she was with, because they are all at risk for it now, and you will have to clean the tank really well too :/
Are the cories in there two? They may be different to treat then betta..
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #62 
Pod

And about the fin rot? I can gladly keep the water nice and warm, seeing how my room is abnormally warm to the point where i'll be unable to breath in the middle of the night due to the heat alone.

Two of my females in the 6 gallon decided it would be nice to take my CT's meal by leaping towards my fingers. Smart little demons.

Yes, the cories are with the two, and the heater in my tank along with the abnormal heat in my room will most likely make this go by quickly. Or not.

Last edited by Pod; 03-13-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #63 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Fin rot can also be treated by very clean water (and heat?)

Note, you can buy a huuge thing of aquarium salt at petsmart for around $4.50 with taxes.. this is good to have because it can kill off a lot of infections in the early stages.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #64 
Bombalurina

Don't use salt with cories, though! As scaleless fish, it can irritate and sometimes cause lasting or fatal damage to them.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #65 
Pod

Noted. The only ill fish i have at the moment is my lone little girl, whom is the smallest Betta i have. Since the rotting is in its very early stages, do I not get medications for it? I'll most likely talk to my mother about this tommorrow, due to the fact that she didn't even want to buy me the CT.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #66 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hah. Knew cories were different. Just didn't think they were scaleless, because they SO have scales. xD hahaha.
I'm pretty sure any disease like ich, just because you can only see it on the one fish, doesn't mean the other fish aren't getting it as we speak.. I mean it's in the water..
I'd just keep the heat high and hopefully it'll kill any ich left in the fish tank..
Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #67 
Pod

Hopefully... She didn't show any signs until after i came home from obtaining my female CT. I inspected her closer, and the white-slime is actually decomposing flesh from her fins. Shes lost some color in her lower back fin, and her anal fin looks like its disintegrating.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #68 
djembekah

oh no! i'm hopeful for her!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #69 
Pod

I am too. I do NOT want her to die. Shes the smallest female, and I know its my fault shes in so much stress. Well, mostly my older female, but, still my fault. I intend to do everything I can about this. There is this amazing fish store up the street that i'll ask my mom to take me to, and I'm pretty sure they have needed medications and can assist me.

They did so with one of my teachers, whom also has a betta with Fin rot
Old 03-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #70 
Bombalurina

Again, I wouldn't use medications for fin rot unless you absolutely have to. Clean warm water, with a bit of Stress Coat or Indian Almond Leaf if you have it, will get it cured without chemicals. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote