Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #1 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Maisy! :D

Hi,

I'm MaisyDawgThirteen! :D Call me Maisy!

I'll start with saying a little about me. :) I'm quite outgoing, and not a bit shy. lol My hobbies include playing piano and guitar, writing, playing sports (swimming, soccer, volleyball), andof course, fishkeeping! :D

Here is MY fishy story:

My first fish I had were 2 comet goldfish (James and Goldie) in a bowl at the age of three. BTW, me and my family knew nothing about fish. I adored these fish. After a week, one of them passed away. After two weeks another jumped out of the bowl. :/ After many fishless years, this december I decided I wanted a fish tank. A 10 or a 20 Gallon to be exact. :) I was clueless! One of my stocking plans for a twenty gallon was 4 guppies, 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 black phantom tetras, 2 red minor tetras, 2 bleeding heart tetras, 2 african dwarf frogs and a mystery snail.
After looking at bettas, I fell in love with them. My family were dissaponted that I wanted one solitary fish. After some research on this site and on yahoo answers I had my heart set on a ten gallon with one male betta, 4 panda cories and a mystery snail. I set up my tank ten gallon tank on Christmas day, and after getting my water checked on boxing day, I got my betta. He was a royal blue veiltail with a purple sheen names Hermes. Poor fella died a few days later from a bad case of SBD combined with the stress. I was heartbroken. After a quick burial in my backyard, I went with my friend to the LPS. My parents said that I probably shouldn't get another betta for a while. There was 5 male guppies in the shop. I intented to get three, but came home with 4. An hour later after feeling sorry for the other guppy I sent my dad back to get the last one. LOL Everything was going well until Mango's psychotic break. lol He is SAVAGE. The LPS thought that adding a few more fish might help. I came home with 3 harlequin rasboras. I didn't help. Mango had to be put in his own 5 gallon mini-bow. Then after feeling sorry for the rasboras without a proper school I got 2 more. I also felt sorry for Mango in his 5g so I put a nerite snail in with him. Then Sunset had HIS psychotic break. We did a little switcheroo with Sunset and Usain Bolt the nerite snail. Surprisingly Sunset and Mango get along great! I had always had the suspicion they were brothers. Now THAT is my fishy story. :)
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and I would say welcome to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...but it looks like you don't have one....or do you....lol....any plans to get a Betta.....

Glad you joined our community......

Enjoy your stay....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #3 
redchigh

Males can be agressive to females... Could that be the issue?
Welcome to the forum!
redchigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #4 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Welcome to the forum and I would say welcome to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...but it looks like you don't have one....or do you....lol....any plans to get a Betta.....

Glad you joined our community......

Enjoy your stay....
ATM, I don't. :( I'm working on it, though! lol It's hard being betta-less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redchigh View Post
Males can be agressive to females... Could that be the issue?
Welcome to the forum!
They are all males, I did that so there would be no babies. lol
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hi, Maisy. Nice to meet you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #6 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post