Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #201 
Sena Hansler

Inga, that's amazing! Sad about the dogs, though, the state they were in! I'm glad you got them. And I love the fact these "abused" dogs are sitting next to a young kid!!! I personally would get a rottie lol. Won't be for a few years at least! But I will

Lol I know pugs can be little meanies :3 also, my next door neighbor had one and he bathed it... smelled WORSE x.x
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #202 
Inga

Thanks! They were great girls for sure and Lulu "the bait dog" was in LOVE with that little boy (my nephew) He would walk around the yard playing and she would be circling circling watching everything to keep him safe. It would have drove me nuts but he didn't mind. ha ha

I currently have one rescue boy (and one from a breeder) and they are both amazing. The one that I have now that was a rescue came with multiple broken bones and is still amazing. His owner had kicked him several times, then just left him in excruciating pain. Happily again, Animal control stepped in and now he is mine. He was supposed to be a foster but... I stink at fostering, they always stay forever. :(

Notice the snaggle tooth smile from a poorly healed broken jaw.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #203 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Lol I know pugs can be little meanies :3 also, my next door neighbor had one and he bathed it... smelled WORSE x.x
She doesn't bark at everyone. It's random people. She'll wag her tail at 1 random person and the next random person she'll be down right mean to. I'm pretty sure she knows whos a bad person and whos a good person. I don't exactly live in a good neighborhood either :(

Ive never had a problem with Emma stinking. She gets baths once a month and there 2 days before her new flea treatment.
She and my doberman have been the only dogs I've had that never had a "doggie" smell.
My golden had a skin condition that my mother wouldn't allow me to get diagnosed (I've had her from age 4-12). As a result she had a HORRIBLE stench and itched like crazy.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 03-14-2012 at 04:09 PM.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #204 
Sena Hansler

hehe that smile is still cute though :3 Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see that co-owned rottie in the shelter or spca. If he is and I happen to see him I'll be right down PO'd and I'll take him

Yeah, some dogs just have the doggie smell, some don't, some it can be prevented poor thing was itchy hey?? our beagle/basset was like that, then we changed shampoos, and we made my mom bathe her less.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #205 
revolutionrocknroll

Awww. I bet I would suck at fostering too xD
I love Rottweilers. I don't think I'd ever own one though- I like small- medium sized dogs.
Pugs... there are a few breeds that I wouldn't own including pugs, beagles, and certain types of terriers just for personal reasons. But all of the ones I've met are either really sweet or really annoying xD
I love how this thread just turned into "dog general chat"
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #206 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
hehe that smile is still cute though :3 Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see that co-owned rottie in the shelter or spca. If he is and I happen to see him I'll be right down PO'd and I'll take him

Yeah, some dogs just have the doggie smell, some don't, some it can be prevented poor thing was itchy hey?? our beagle/basset was like that, then we changed shampoos, and we made my mom bathe her less.
Emma is...well was quite the itcher. Doing all the research I've done on skin conditions, symptoms, and treatments; I've concluded that my golden had a season allergy that because of lack of treatment became a fungal infection that just kept bothering her.

Emma seems to be boiled down to dry skin and possibly seasonal allergies as well. Fish oil seems to be helping her :)
Old 03-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #207 
Sena Hansler

we had to use aloa vera on our doggy's tummy, after she was spayed :/ then keep an eye on her so she didn't lick it off (or lick at the wound anyways). It kept her skin from being so dry.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #208 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
Notice the snaggle tooth smile from a poorly healed broken jaw.
hahah
Emma's got one too!!
Sad about getting a broke jaw tho :'(
Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #209 
Sena Hansler

sad how the nice big breeds are used as fight/decoy dogs :/
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #210 
FishyFishy89

I agree Sena. It always makes me cry :'(

I enjoy chatting back n forth about our doggies. So to help this thread stay on track I made a thread to chat about our doggies ;)
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=96135