Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #251 
Sena Hansler

exactly, like that.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #252 
tpocicat

My "baby" is 30, so I don't think I have to worry about that. And you're right, people with little children should be more careful than I have to be.
But my main reason for even mentioning my wolfdogs is that most people aren't as afraid of them when they see them than they are around my pitt.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #253 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
My "baby" is 30, so I don't think I have to worry about that. And you're right, people with little children should be more careful than I have to be.
I probly won't even let my children around horses until my lectures have been imprinted into their skulls.
They might have to rehearse my lectures on the way to the barn xD
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #254 
Sena Hansler

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #255 
tpocicat

A+
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #256 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have also petsat for a Shih. Tzu who was dog aggressive. If he saw another dog he would go crazy wanting to tear it apart.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #257 
Laki

Wow, never thought of dachshunds like that before! I guess it makes more sense that they're medium dogs with dwarfed legs. Except I was walking my dog last summer in a fancy neighborhood (because I like to look at the houses and fantasize about owing one) and there was a man walking a mini dakkie. Coco fell head over heels for her! It was like watching an old man fall in love for a young virgin! I was always afraid of the back problems in dachshunds though! o.O

Shih tzu's are the like the most common breed in my city. EVERYONE and their mother has one. So they're not my favorite breed because I have seen plenty of badly cared for tzu's. :/ I don't like small dog barking, like pomeranians. They're not even that cute to me anymore, poms. Yorkies are adorable!! I used to work at a drug store across the street from a senior's home. One of the patrons would bring his super senior yorkie in for exercise (because outside was too windy or too cold) and the dog would walk around the store. I t was 15 when he passed away but by then he had no fur, a lop ear, no teeth, tongue hanging out, cataracts... Oh man- it was ugly!! lol
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #258 
KaraAnne

I work at a vet clinic & we see soooooooo many sweet pitbulls on a daily basis! We actually see way more aggressive shepherds than we do aggressive pits (and I have 2 shepherds who are absolute sweethearts!) ... I really believe it's how they are raised, not the breed itself. In fact, my brother-in-law has a pit-mix & she is super sweet & loves my 3 nieces ... she would never ever hurt them! People are just ignorant!
KaraAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #259 
Thomasdog

Ok guys,
I have a mini dachshund. Personallly,I believe the owner is responsible for the dog's attitude. My dog, Thomas, is a MD, and let me tell you a bit about him: He had back surgery when he was 5, and had been really nervous since. He knows when he does something wrong, and LOVES my little 3some family (me, mom, dad). He still has wild instincts, hunts, (he attacked a possum last night and we had to LITERALLY drag him away from it.) and he is a dog. Dogs will never be perfect, but it is up to us to make their and our lives together as wonderful as possible. Even if your dog is a bit mean, aggressive, or scared, it is up to you to find what triggers your dog and fix it. Maybe not fix it, as Thomas' will never be allowed to be petted by anyone but us, but he has a wonderful happy life. He has done agility, Earthdog, Field Trials, Dachshund races, and even a dog show. He may not be social, but he is ours, and we love him because he loves us. He has never shown aggression towards us. So, I ask you, all you pitt/dachsund haters, IS IT REALLY THE DOG? And can it be fixed?

Thank you
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #260 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I think all these problems come from NOT understanding your breed.
Doxie's tend to be sensitive little guys, and are not good for kids that handle them roughly, they are prone to back issues.
Shepherds and other intelligent breeds need to have a job and be trained.
Yorkies are terriers and need to do terrier things (they often get grouped in the "toy" section by people nowadays).
Breed matters.. Bad behavior comes from a dog that isn't provided with the level of exercise or training he was bred to do, or in a doxie's case, consideration that he's NOT a good dog to have children jumping all over. This is the root of all bad behavior in dogs. If you aren't prepared to accommodate for your breed, then you shouldn't get that breed :D
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote