Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #391 
tpocicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
Not sure if anyone is interested but we are trying to get people to sign this petition to save this pit bulls life......
http://www.change.org/petitions/wayn...ion-on-peanut#
Done! I love my pit bull and I wouldn't expect him not to go after a cat that wasn't ours.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #392 
kfryman

I was going to butbit didn't load :(

I think people need to understand that some dogs including pits CAN be aggressive if it isn't socialized properly and not trained. I was bit by a German sheperd because he was not socialized properly. He broke skin and caused my leg to bruise like crazy.

Just be aware that dogs can tick and should be watched at all times.

I have two pit mixes at my house, one is dog aggressive with certain dogs fine with others.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #393 
ANHEL123

Just found this and it broke my heard. Couldn't post the picture

A heartbreaking photo of a male pit bull refusing to leave the side of a female pit bull that lay dead on the side of a Phoenix road is making the rounds on Facebook.
According to Fox's Phoenix affiliate, the female pit bull appeared to have been struck by a car on Friday. The male pit bull stayed by her side for more than 14 hours.
"The male pit bull wouldn't leave her, so a nearby business set out food and water," Fox 10 reported. "He stayed with her nuzzling her and lying nearby until the city came to remove her Saturday morning."
The dogs did not have owner tags when they were found.
"We picked up this other dog and took him to our East Valley shelter," Rodrigo Silva, an animal control official, told the station. "Right now it doesn't look like he has any behavioral or health problems."
Silva added that the dog is "a little withdrawn and appears to be very sad."
"If he continues to show these signs of withdrawal we will place him in a recovery home that can help him with his grieving," Silva told the Daily Mail.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #394 
ANHEL123

(

This is the picture :(

Last edited by ANHEL123; 05-24-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #395 
thekinetic

Pitbulls are really sweet dogs but it all goes back to my take on dogs. It's never the dog it's always the owner. Mean and nasty peopel often have mean and nasty dogs.

My brother wanted a pitpull but his apartment wouldn't allow them so he got a mutt. But it all turned out for the best as that dog, Chloey, turned out to be the kindest gentlest dog I've seen since my own Sadie (my she rest in peace).
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #396 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Pitbulls are really sweet dogs but it all goes back to my take on dogs. It's never the dog it's always the owner. Mean and nasty peopel often have mean and nasty dogs.

My brother wanted a pitpull but his apartment wouldn't allow them so he got a mutt. But it all turned out for the best as that dog, Chloey, turned out to be the kindest gentlest dog I've seen since my own Sadie (my she rest in peace).
it is not just the people
it is also in genetics
look at us, see how we get anger issues. it is because our parents or whomever in our family has anger issues.
same goes for dogs. their genetics work the same as ours do.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #397 
ANHEL123

i love dogs to death, and I have a dog,but unfortunately i agree with Fishy89.
But it sad because in real life i do know a lot of people who had very sweet pit bulls. And now they all have bad reputation. I am sure you already discussed it in those 40 pages so i am not going to repeat.......

Also i think now it probably all of them are mutts.

I wish people stop breeding them :(

Old 05-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #398 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
i love dogs to death, and I have a dog,but unfortunately i agree with Fishy89.
But it sad because in real life i do know a lot of people who had very sweet pit bulls. And now they all have bad reputation. I am sure you already discussed it in those 40 pages so i am not going to repeat.......

Also i think now it probably all of them are mutts.

I wish people stop breeding them :(

Me as well
I honestly think the only people who should breed these (or any) animals should go take a test to question their sanity. Then take a test to prove they know how to care for their animals properly, THEN take another test to question how much they know about the animal(s) they are wanting to breed, THEN submit their work and tax information to prove they can afford these animals, and THEN pay to get licensed to breed these animals. And they should only get licensed if their efforts are to IMPROVE the animals as a whole. NOT to make a profit.
I think that if they have to go through that much trouble to breed animals for a profit then they wouldn't want to. If they are doing these for the love of the animals and it is their passion, they won't mind going through the trouble.
ALSO, I think they need to have a registry for all animals that are bred and produced and sold to monitor to whom bought the animal and where the animal is going in it's life. This registry can also keep track of how many producing this breeder is doing and how much of a profit he or she is actually making. Should this breeder be producing too much or having too many animals and not selling them yet still producing then the breeder's license shall be removed and the animals placed in appropriate homes.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #399 
ANHEL123

lol i agree if they would pay this much money and time they will stop breed them. I don't think it will ever happen though :)
Old 05-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #400 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
lol i agree if they would pay this much money and time they will stop breed them. I don't think it will ever happen though :)
alls it takes is just one person to unite everyone together
the government moves when there is too much pressure ;)