Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #401 
xShainax

My friend is 4 months pregnant and adopted a 9 year old brindle pitty from her grandma. The other day she was walking him and some lady came up telling her "You need to put that monster down before it kills you and the baby" He is the sweetest pit bull I have ever seen. She also has a lab/shar-pei mix who loves to jump on him. He lets her do it and lays there wagging his tail and licking her

Last edited by Romad; 05-25-2012 at 08:29 AM.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #402 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
My friend is 4 months pregnant and adopted a 9 year old brindle pitty from her grandma. The other day she was walking him and some lady came up telling her "You need to put that F*cking monster down before it kills you and the baby" He is the sweetest pit bull I have ever seen. She also has a lab/shar-pei mix who loves to jump on him. He lets her do it and lays there wagging his tail and licking her
some people are just ignorant and won't even bother to give anything a chance
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #403 
Spazzfish

If your worried about monsters killing you then go home lock your doors! people can be the biggest monsters out there but no one judges them for what some psyco mass murderer did.

A lot of dogs have agression issues from bad breeding or inbreeding to get a fur.color blue pits, for example have been inbred for years, as a result alot are messed up in the head and, sadly can be dangerous.

And honestly the meanest dogs ive ever met where little dogs if they had the size to back up the agression they would be probaly ten times more dangerous than a pit.
Spazzfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #404 
Bethydan

With improper breeding and handling, any breed can become dangerous. I worked at a vet's office for a couple of years, and every pit that came in was aggressive and labeled as dangerous because of past behavior, BUT.... I was working in a very small and rural community of rednecks. White trash and naturally strong dogs do not mix. Pits that I've met elsewhere were just total goofballs. They were more likely to squish or slobber me to death.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #405 
xShainax

I have a chow mix and people say he will turn blood thirsty. Yeah, at 10 he is goinng to kill the family. SMH
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #406 
MyRainbowBettaFish

it is unbelievable how low some people treat animals....It makes me feel like my heart just shatters when people abuse or neglect animals. I have a dog who came from a shelter after being abused, neglected, starved and with a huge bloody scar on his underbelly. He was only 6-9 months when we got him with all these issues..poor thing. I also can't stand it when even a bee or any animal is hurt or mistreated..it kills me inside. I just wish some people would think before they act for a change. :(
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #407 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
it is not just the people
it is also in genetics
look at us, see how we get anger issues. it is because our parents or whomever in our family has anger issues.
same goes for dogs. their genetics work the same as ours do.
Genes don't work that way, and besides that's not genetics that nurture. But I can guarantee that if the dog had a mean parent somewhere the parent had a mean owner.

People are no different and some people are mean because of their parents while others are because of society. Where the root of all this is is unknown but given the history of human beings we have a predisposition toward violence due to the fact that we have unnatural want for wealth and are willing to go to any extreme to get it. Combine that with our want for power, a natural want most animals share, and you got a recipe for disaster.

It's why I consider animals completely innocent as they're only following instinct but dogs have been with people so long that they are symbiotic and thus only reflect what they've learned from us.

But digress, I still consider all dogs to be initially kind. And I have yet to meet any that were mean to me. And I stand by that pitbulls are sweet and loving like all the rest.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #408 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Genes don't work that way, and besides that's not genetics that nurture. But I can guarantee that if the dog had a mean parent somewhere the parent had a mean owner.

People are no different and some people are mean because of their parents while others are because of society. Where the root of all this is is unknown but given the history of human beings we have a predisposition toward violence due to the fact that we have unnatural want for wealth and are willing to go to any extreme to get it. Combine that with our want for power, a natural want most animals share, and you got a recipe for disaster.

It's why I consider animals completely innocent as they're only following instinct but dogs have been with people so long that they are symbiotic and thus only reflect what they've learned from us.

But digress, I still consider all dogs to be initially kind. And I have yet to meet any that were mean to me. And I stand by that pitbulls are sweet and loving like all the rest.
you should REALLY start studying science more often.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #409 
Granberry

Fishy, I don't know what research you're thinking she's lacking, but the statement "People are no different and some people are mean because of their parents while others are because of society" is correct. You usually hear it stated "Some people are bad and some are mad" (meaning crazy) but it is a combination of both.

I would, however, encourage you to study up on political science and economics. Your suggestion about testing breeders for their mental status, breed breed knowledge, requiring tax and work information etc. is so far from being possible and/or legal that it's laughable. Who would be in charge of monitoring this master registry that tracks the number of pups a person produces versus sells and then enters and takes their dogs away if the numbers are bad? We can't deprive people of property without due process, and I don't know where you live, but in my state, even child welfare workers who are responsible for making sure children in foster homes aren't abused are shockingly underpaid and overworked. Tax dollars only go so far, and a budget won't allow a state to monitor people the way you suggest.

Which, BTW, is where this whole thread came from. We can't enforce the quality of pit bull owners; we therefore have to affect the quantity and the conditions under which they are held.
Granberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #410 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granberry View Post
Fishy, I don't know what research you're thinking she's lacking, but the statement "People are no different and some people are mean because of their parents while others are because of society" is correct. You usually hear it stated "Some people are bad and some are mad" (meaning crazy) but it is a combination of both.

I would, however, encourage you to study up on political science and economics. Your suggestion about testing breeders for their mental status, breed breed knowledge, requiring tax and work information etc. is so far from being possible and/or legal that it's laughable. Who would be in charge of monitoring this master registry that tracks the number of pups a person produces versus sells and then enters and takes their dogs away if the numbers are bad? We can't deprive people of property without due process, and I don't know where you live, but in my state, even child welfare workers who are responsible for making sure children in foster homes aren't abused are shockingly underpaid and overworked. Tax dollars only go so far, and a budget won't allow a state to monitor people the way you suggest.

Which, BTW, is where this whole thread came from. We can't enforce the quality of pit bull owners; we therefore have to affect the quantity and the conditions under which they are held.
I am talking about where she was referring to "that is not how genetics work"
Genetics DO help to determine your behavior. HOWEVER, your up bringing helps a bit to "train" it.
Just like genetics help to determine how your healthy your teeth are but with proper dentistry your teeth can be healthy.
Same thing with heart disease, but living a healthy life style changes your chances of heart disease.

I am not denying her thought on how society shapes us. But she clearly presents herself as she is denying how our genetics shape us as well.