Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #531 
Perry the platypus

I love every breed of dog no matter what. My heart will blow up if anyone talks bad about dogs.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #532 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry the platypus View Post
I love every breed of dog no matter what. My heart will blow up if anyone talks bad about dogs.
Me too. I can't believe people would do this! it's like... making lies about... a certain family.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #533 
Perry the platypus

I know...
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #534 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
I love animals too much. I'd rather slap myself for a whole year nonstop other than see pitbulls get this kind of treatment! people can be so mean sometimes... hmph.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #535 
Granberry

Perry, how do you feel about one-armed 3-year olds? Because I know one you could talk to about your love for allllll animals, presumblably including the 3 who tore his other arm off when he put it through a hole in the fence to pet the nice pit bull.

Guys, lions don't make nice pets. Tigers don't make nice pets. They're strong, they're unpredictable. They hurt humans. Geez, use a little common sense.
Granberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #536 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granberry View Post
Perry, how do you feel about one-armed 3-year olds? Because I know one you could talk to about your love for allllll animals, presumblably including the 3 who tore his other arm off when he put it through a hole in the fence to pet the nice pit bull.

Guys, lions don't make nice pets. Tigers don't make nice pets. They're strong, they're unpredictable. They hurt humans. Geez, use a little common sense.
seriously? SERIOUSLY?? You're going to compare LIONS AND TIGERS to dogs!! And FYI: that's the parent's fault for not watching their children. I doubt the child personally knew the dogs next door. Also, you don't reach through a fence to pet ANY animal. Especially a dog. Some dogs are trained guard dogs and can be trained to the point that it doesn't matter if they know you. If you're not entering the property with their owner, you're not allowed in there. And Lastly, a 3 year old wouldn't comprehend such a conversation. They'd only comprehend a dog hurt them. Not any particular dog(cept the dog they saw attacked them).
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #537 
Granberry

I learned long ago that there are people who are so ill informed that compromise is impossible. The only solution is to legislature around them. And that's why BSL will continue to win...because it is impossible to argue with stupid. The only winning move is to ignore them and legislate around them. Most of them live in trailers and don't vote anyway.
Granberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #538 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
I learned long ago that there are people who are so ill informed that compromise is impossible. The only solution is to legislature around them. And that's why BSL will continue to win...because it is impossible to argue with stupid. The only winning move is to ignore them and legislate around them. Most of them live in trailers and don't vote anyway.
Wow
Aren't you an ignorant person. Fact: most of us don't live in trailers.(not that where you live even matters!) Fact: most of us vote. Fact: most of us actually CARE about animals and are willing to FIGHT and be their voice for them. FACT: DOGS ARE NOT UNPREDICTABLE. They have such a thing as body language and knowing it is a must. Animals are not unpredictable. They all speak with their body. If you refuse to understand their body language, that's your fault. And lastly, criminals do NOT follow laws. So NO law is going to get rid of anything! It's the law to wear your seat belt and yet people still don't.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 02-18-2013 at 02:49 PM.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #539 
Skyewillow

Quote:
So all people who live in trailers are classless criminals? That's the kind of ignorant social casting that makes everyone involved look bad. I'm sure everyone is a perfect angel where you live, no crime, no pollution, nothing at all, then? I'd also like to add that 90% of trailer courts don't allow power breeds like boxers, pits, rotts, or german shepherds.

I've had personal experiences with pit bulls, good and bad, as well as many other breeds. And while some of it IS genetic, most of it is the owner's fault.

I've also owned a pit mix, the only issue that I had with her was that her previous owners didn't train her, or their toddler to stay off of the dog, and so the dog didn't like the baby. I had to try to completely retrain her to be a member of my family, and our pack (I had 3 other dogs). Like most terriers and terrier mixes, she was stubborn.

I think she ended up at a shelter though, because my ex took her with him when we broke up, and he couldn't control her. He'd kept encouraging her to "attack", and she scared a neighbor so bad she wouldn't get out of the car.

HOWEVER, when I had her in line, she was the friendliest lump of grins and snuggles you would've ever met.

It's not always Nature, more often than not, it's nurture.

Also, I agree with Fishfriend, those were bad parents for not teaching their child better. I have a toddler too, and if there was a hole in my fence, you'd best bet I'd find a way to patch it up, whether there were dogs on the other side or not. Also, my son doesn't play outside unattended, nor is he allowed to venture too far away from me, in our own yard or not, because you never know what could happen.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #540 
Viva

I recently saw the documentary about how Pitbulls are being banned and euthanized in certain places around the US. I mean they literally came and confiscated any innocent dog that even resembled a pitbull from innocent people and many were euthanized as a result. That is just sick.

How can we, AS AMERICANS, let this happen to our own people? It is pure lunacy and it just shows you how blind people really are from the truth. When all you do is listen to the statistics that any media station spews out of course you're going to believe that pit bulls are dangerous and blood-thirsty. They're animals. Every single animal on the planet is dangerous, but luckily humans have the advanced capability of knowing how to control such beasts. If you don't know how to control a large dog, or have the capability of caring for one and raising it to be a normal sociable being, then you should not have a dog. Targeting a breed of dog for human's mistakes is not fixing anything, and what they're trying to "fix" is completely exaggerated anyways.

/rant
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote