Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #541 
veggiegirl

As to the three year old who had his arm torn off by pitbulls........ If the child was in his home yard then I feel it is the Pitbulls owner at fault, people have a right to be safe in their own home and should not have to put up with having a dangerous dog next door.

If the child was walking along a path/up a street or whatever and put their arm through a random persons fence then it is clearly the parents fault for not watching their children closely enough.

Thats my opinion anyway......
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 AM   #542 
trilobite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granberry View Post
Perry, how do you feel about one-armed 3-year olds? Because I know one you could talk to about your love for allllll animals, presumblably including the 3 who tore his other arm off when he put it through a hole in the fence to pet the nice pit bull.

Guys, lions don't make nice pets. Tigers don't make nice pets. They're strong, they're unpredictable. They hurt humans. Geez, use a little common sense.
Tiers and lions arent domestic. Dogs have co evolved to live with us.
But I agree that if a dog is so poorly bred and trained that it bites a humans arm off the yeah, put it down.
I love pit bulls, such cute faces, but people need to remember that if you are going to get a dog bred for hundreds of years specifically for dog aggression (not human aggression) and expect a dog with such high drives to behave like a low energy lazy couch dog or something then no, you shouldnt own one.
Since these dogs are so mass produced and temperament, stability and suitability of the owners is often completely overlooked, the chances of duds popping up is sooo much higher.

Pit bulls are not "just like any other dog" just like border collies arent "just like any dog". And people who think they are shouldnt own them. Theres a reason we have breeds, they do different things. Dont get angry or surprised when a dog bred specifically for dog aggression kills a dog, just like Im not going to get surprised when a dog specifically bred for herding sheep herds some sheep.

Dont kill a dog for animal aggression, just be a responsible owner and prevent the dog from getting into trouble. However if the dog has human aggression, kill it ASAP.

Theres no need for HA pit bulls when theres more than enough good ones around
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #543 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl View Post
As to the three year old who had his arm torn off by pitbulls........ If the child was in his home yard then I feel it is the Pitbulls owner at fault, people have a right to be safe in their own home and should not have to put up with having a dangerous dog next door.

If the child was walking along a path/up a street or whatever and put their arm through a random persons fence then it is clearly the parents fault for not watching their children closely enough.

Thats my opinion anyway......
Actually, once your body part crosses someone's fence line, it becomes YOUR fault. Once the child YOU are watching crosses the fence line of someone's property, it becomes the watcher's fault.

The dog would clearly be in the right of protecting his owner's property. If you think the dog wasn't in the right, then you aren't in the right to defend yourself in your home. It's the same concept.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #544 
Granberry

And if you equate a dog's rights with a child's rights, then you and I have nothing in common.
Granberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #545 
trilobite

There should be no excuse for a dog that bites humans regardless of breed. Any dog unstable enough to attack a human should be put down
Old 02-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #546 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granberry View Post
And if you equate a dog's rights with a child's rights, then you and I have nothing in common.
EXACTLY! Because you refuse to understand dogs. Dogs are used as home defense. They are also used as family members and are treated as such. But don't sit there and bagger people who love animals and treat them as family members.

Animals have feelings too, they understand pain and love the same way a child understands pain and love.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #547 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobite View Post
There should be no excuse for a dog that bites humans regardless of breed. Any dog unstable enough to attack a human should be put down
And any human who crosses someone's property line without consent of the property's owner deserves any punishment that comes with it.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #548 
trilobite

A dogs duty is to warn the owner of intrusion. Not maul some kid. Regardless of whos property it was on. The fact that this dog pulled off an arm is unacceptable, a dog can protect property without going to extreme actions
Old 02-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #549 
FishyFishy89

You don't know what happened. The dog likely gave several barking warnings. When there isn't a response the dog acts. BTW: dogs always give warning before attacking. Barking isn't the only warning they have.

BTW: it doesn't take much to pull an arm out of the socket. The child could of been yanking their arm back.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #550 
FishyFishy89

If a burglar came into my home, I don't expect my dog to just bark his head off as the guy is grabbing items in my house! I expect my dog to act FOR me when I'm not there to respond. Be it a child I told to not touch my dog several times or a burglar stealing from me.