Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #621 
FishyFishy89

Yes Lennox was licensed, I believe they had posted the picture of it on his FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLennoxCampaign

We all got through this when they targeted the other breeds, the Pit Bulls will get through this. It maybe harder for them because they're the target of dog fighting rings. I hate to see such a great dog go to waste because of irresponsible people. Famous positive reinforcement trainers are actually fighting against BSL, many of whom trained several pit bulls. I honestly don't remember how the other breeds made it. I was just a child when it was all happening.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #622 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granberry View Post
Eatmice: Colorado.

Fishy: Was Lennox licensed like he was supposed to be? Regardless, it's really very sad if someone followed all the rules, and they lost their dog. But you can't allow a dangerous situation to continue just because of one administrative mistake. You are practically screaming that just because one pit bull kills a child doesn't mean they all will; yet you think that because of one alleged administrative mistake, the whole system should be judged?

Can you please list for me what you believe are feasible solutions to the problems the world faces by pit bull attacks? I've offered MULTIPLE. You haven't offered one. Remember, you can't legally force education on people, and tax dollars don't pay for things like inspections. So go for it. Offer viable solution that can be implemented statewide that will save little children from having their arms ripped off while they play in their own back yard.
Kill them.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #623 
eatmice2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Kill them.
Kill who ?
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #624 
Granberry

I read the Lennox story. You are WAY distorting the facts. He was not liicensed, he was dangerous, and he most certainly was a pit bull. In fact, the court stated: ""The council's expert described the dog as one of the most unpredictable and dangerous dogs he had come across."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18794360

\
Granberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #625 
FishyFishy89

uuuuhhhhh
Your reading the lies from the council. VIEW the facebook page, it has the picture of his license right on it. This dog was a family pet. He was by NO MEANS dangerous.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #626 
trilobite

Yes humans bred dogs with faulty genes. That makes the dog faulty.
Bad nerves from bad breeding=bad dog.
Why tolerate a dog that has such a poor temperament that makes it a danger to those around it. It makes sense to actually cull weak nerved, over reactive dogs from the population

Anyway, I dont think BSL is a good idea. However the pit bull owners arent doing the breed any favours, infact they tend to fit into one of 2 stereotypes. Theres the hypocritical, over emotional, lovey dovey doggy types or the "chea boi, my pittz so sick it be the realist pit, letz breed it and make some money for drugs" type.

There are some good people actually doing work with the breed and educating people about them but until theres more people like that then I dont think the pit bull problem will leave.

@Viva, so your plan to reduce children getting mauled by dogs is to kill the children or the dogs?
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #627 
FishyFishy89

The council LIED and said he was dangerous. There was quite a few videos up on youtube showing the "wardens" attempting to get Lennox to act aggressive and he never did. He just sat there and even wagged his tail.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #628 
FishyFishy89

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9SswVX-wMc&feature=share&list=PL5B94C5A65A1D9DF5]Lennox - Canine Justice Network Charity Ball 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Finding videos and posting them....
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #629 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmice2010 View Post
Kill who ?
I was giving a sarcastic reply to the question, "What solutions have you come up with to stop pit bull attacks." i.e. the easiest solution would be to kill them.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #630 
FishyFishy89

Save Lennox, dog in Northern Ireland - YouTube