Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #631 
eatmice2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
I was giving a sarcastic reply to the question, "What solutions have you come up with to stop pit bull attacks." i.e. the easiest solution would be to kill them.
oh :)
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #632 
Granberry

Call me crazy, but I believe the expert who testified under oath instead of someone's Facebook page. You are playing fast and loose with facts, and I can only imagine what the Facebook page is doing.

In addition to the whole Lennox stuff, you called it a Denver massacre when in reality, there were just rules people didn't want to comply with so they turned their dogs in to the pound to be euthanized. Someone took pictures and blamed the law. Here's a thought: Want to keep your dog? Comply with the law and get a taller fence.

Please spare us the spamming of all those video links.

Trilobite, I agree with you. Rottweilers used to have a terrible reputation, just like GSD, but the breed clubs took the initiative and handled it, and now there isn't as much fear and suspicion and prejudice against them.

Pit bull folks cannot even offer any solutions.
Granberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #633 
trilobite

Dont worry about a single pit type dog being put down in a country where its illegal to have them. Worry about the thousands of friendly pit bulls that are being put down daily in America. That is the pit bull problem.
trilobite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #634 
trilobite

"Here's a thought: Want to keep your dog? Comply with the law and get a taller fence. " +1000
Why risk your dogs life just because you wanted a dog that looks like a pit bull, or are too lazy to be responsible for it
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #635 
eatmice2010

well theres one solution:

train your dog and associate him/her with other people and animals
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #636 
FishyFishy89

Finally! Here's the "assessment" the council did with Lennox
Belfast City Council Assessment of Lennox - Shows NO Aggression - YouTube
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #637 
FishyFishy89

There werer THOUSANDS of people supporting that dog. And if the dog was indeed "dangerous" WHY would a family with a 12 year old daughter fight to get their dog back? He was an adopted dog, they could EASILY go out and adopt another dog. But no, they spent hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars to get their beloved pet back. They didn't even get to have his ashes or collar like the council said they would do.

And you'll believe some ho-bo paid to lie but you won't believe a family who went above and beyond to keep their pet? Your mental place worries me. People would lie and put up that much of a fight for as long as they did. They wouldn't seek the help of millions of people who don't know their dog and even help from PROFESSIONALS to get their pet home. Professionals that actually went to the "doggie jail", met the dog and did a behavioral assessment on him.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 02-20-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #638 
trilobite

What I dont understand is why were thousands backing up Lennox when they are silent about the thousands of other pit bulls being killed each day.

FishyFishy, why do you tend to sink to personal attacks when someone disagrees with you? eg "Your mental place worries me."
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #639 
FishyFishy89

Because it does! There are professional who back Lennox up. They went there, saw the sad, sorry state he was in and assessed him. And even then, someone decides they'll believe the council members who are BLUNTLY LYING!
Lennox was a big fight because even the professionals backed it up. I'm sure in their area they're still fighting it. But Lennox was a world wide fight because of the professionals involved in it. Sadly, you can't fix stupid, and these are stupid, stubborn people.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #640 
trilobite

It makes it hard to take you seriously when you are spouting all kinds of irrelevant emotions and insults.

So some "professionals" heard about a dog on death row so it means this dogs case is way more important than all the others. I bet there are way more gentle family pets waiting to die in a shelter near you. Instead of complaining about one illegal dog from Ireland being put down, why not do something about the thousands of legal dogs in the same situation.

The laws the law and as unfair as it may sound, a pit bull type dog is illegal over there and is to be out down.
Yes, they say is a lab x bull dog or whatever, but its still pretty easy to lie about that, plus in a country that puts down dogs that look like pit bulls wouldnt you at least want to be able to point to a sire and dam to prove that this dog is not a pit bull?
Why get a dog that looks like a pitbull and was probably bred to look like a pitbull in a country that kills pitbulls? I wouldnt want to take that kind of a risk with my dog.
Yes its unfair, and no I dont agree with it but thats another law that wont be changed until the pit bull problem is solved