Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #1 
MistersMom

Unhappy Re-Naming

something about re-naming them doesn't seem right to me, but i don't like my betta's names. i want to name Sir to Trident, Nemo to Odysseus and Sister to Serenity, i got a new one and named him Poseidon . i'd like the others to match so i am going to change them, but it just seems wrong...

does anyone else have these issues?
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #2 
Badjer

Well renaming them won't really make a difference to anyone but you, since fish aren't like dogs or cats or anything that know and respond to their names. I've never had to rename anything because I know that once I name something, it's going to stick with me. So I'd say if you really want to rename them, go right ahead. It won't matter to them! (:
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #3 
betta lover1507

yes, i had a baby ball python that we suggest was a male, i called him "Hunter" since we poped him, it was a "female" i started to call her "Huntress" it fitted
it is hard to remember new names. but soon you could get used to it, sometimes it dosen't feel right.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjer View Post
Well renaming them won't really make a difference to anyone but you, since fish aren't like dogs or cats or anything that know and respond to their names. I've never had to rename anything because I know that once I name something, it's going to stick with me. So I'd say if you really want to rename them, go right ahead. It won't matter to them! (:
my dog responds to anything, even if where not even calling him.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #5 
Badjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
Lol varying from animal to animal of course. My dog will respond to anything, provided you have food! The fat little pug... However, I know people who adopted an older dog who'd had the same name her whole life and they tried to rename her. Poor girl was so confused! That seemed a little cruel to me, but a fish isn't going to care one bit!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #6 
betta lover1507

my dog thinks where always talking about food, so he puts his big snout (he's a big dog) in our faces to be nosy on things. i guess older dogs don't really do the same response like as younger dogs (my dog is 5 or 6 years old and he thinks he still a puppy)
Old 03-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #7 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
Mine too!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #8 
MistersMom

well, i guess it doesn't matter, but when i give something a name, i feel like, that "thing" is named that and always will be, but i like my newer names better lol.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #9 
Bombalurina

Odysseus had to go through multiple names before he got his final one. I had to keep looking for one that fitted. :)

My rat Richlieu will respond to anything as long as you say it right. There I will be cooking their dinner, and he'll hear me say something and bound the length of the room to climb my leg just in case I was talking to him.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #10 
Karebear13

My dog has two names pretty much she responds to both. My family couldn't decide so half of them call her Sophie the other half call her Luna poor pup is probably confused!!!
I changed Comanche's name at one point because the person I named him after made me mad but then I went back to Comanche because it was just his name couldn't change it hehe
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote