Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #11 
Cynical Fish Guy

Thank you much too! It really did help! I'm good at maintaining and achieving the Chemistry I want and need. Thank you again.
Cynical Fish Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #12 
Cynical Fish Guy

I have noticed a small change in the betta's behavior. Who says there isn't high activity in a rice paddy though? You have heron's, storks, snakes, spiders, a whole list of other predators out there just waiting to gobble you up. Not to mention you have to find and catch your own bugs to eat.

Yeah yeah yeah, he's not a plakat and he is a man made species. However the dominant allehel is the one being expressed, and I have to believe that in some distant past, nature herself, through chance and mutation, created a wild BETTA, who screwed around and passed down the genes that hobbyist at first in SIAM then, the world round, developed into Betta Splendens; both for SPORT and pleasure. I hope he (betta splendens) adapts to the new environment which is now a very active place, of mostly S. American originating fish. Though some of the plants originate in SE Asia. Adaptation is key to survival. Even for humans. I still have his (betta splendens) one gallon tank on stand by too. The betta's fins are improving and he rules the tank, by SIZE alone. ALL FISH RESPECT the BETTA, and the water chemistry and temp (78) are kept to the betta's liking.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #13 
Mo

Leapord Corydoras (Corydoras trilineatus) aren't considered one of the nano species of Corydoras attaining a maximum of around two, inches on average. They are schooling fish, and will be much happier, more active, and will be out and about a lot more in groups of around 4-5+. If you have a group of this much then you will be over stocking your tank, leading to a range of possible problems that could cause death, and sickness amongst the fish. Also, another factor to as why you shouldn't have them is the fact that they don't do as well in the preferred range of a Bettas temperature, they do much much better in a temperature of around 72-75, where as a Betta is better in a range of around 78. They will not last as long in the bettas temperature. Also, what do you feed the fish? You are aware that they should be feed a range of foods like, bloodworms and other meatier live, or frozen foods, catfish pellets, a very small amount of algae wafers, omnivorous pellets, They also live up to 15 years in the right conditions so you have to make a large comitment to keep them, and right now it seems as if you arent providing the optimal conditions for them, meaning that they won't live a good, happy life

Here is a link to a profile on them
http://www.theaquariumwiki.com/Corydoras_trilineatus

Last edited by Mo; 03-15-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #14 
Cynical Fish Guy

Thank you. I'll do that!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #15 
Mo

I made some edits to my previous post for you to read
Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #16 
Cynical Fish Guy

The correct post would have been

which states 2 is OK, though they prefer 3!

THANK YOU THOUGH!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #17 
Cynical Fish Guy

Thank you for the links!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #18 
Mo

2 is the minimum, I don't ow about you but I myself never go the minimum. I have my bettas in 15 gallon tanks, I have my kuhli loaches in sand, I heavily plant my oto tank. I heavily plant my corydoras tank, I give my fish what I would want, so ideally you should get 4+ to brighten there mood and make them feel more secu in there habitat
Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #19 
Cynical Fish Guy

Ideally...but two is okay, and they seem pretty darn happy to me. I'm happy to have a clean tank bottom. The two have a lot of character and based on size, I might even have a male and female. I'm unsure though. I do know I need to name the 2. They are the most expensive things in the tank, and they have a lot of character. I can see how women find them cute! They are trash/excess food picker-uppers for me. BTW, How do you feed these guys (corys) bloodworms. If I put bloodworms in the tank the other fishes will get to them long before the 2 cats...... I mean both schools (tetras & Raspboras) and my betta love bloodworms and brine shrimp, so I don't see the cats ever getting a chance at such delicacies.....
Old 03-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #20 
Mo

My cories actually beat the neons, guppies, Betta, and platies to the bloodworms

Tags
15 gallon tank, betta, harlequin rasboras, neon tetras