Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #1 
betta lover1507

Red face how do i stop it!?!

okay watching "Rio" (bird movie) i got interested in birds, i was like "I will get over it in a couple days no beggie". and my little brother got super interested in it. i got over birds and moved on, my little brother will blast his xbox (xbox add-on from youtube) of Rio music and lot's of stuff about birds, am like "make it stop, it isn't helping!!". so that went on for a few days, now he stopped. all i could think about is birds kinda scares me. and i just caught myself in a thread about birds, and suddenly learning about birds now i know lot's of stuff about cockatiel's omg how do i end this maddness?!? it is not that am okay with one, i have my adorable "Pursey" my snake to take care of, and no way will my parents allow this i've gone mad!! and staying off this forum (for 5 days) did not help anyone know how to get over it!!
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #2 
nel3

try to resist it. i wasnt in the market for a gecko, it was the farthest thing from my mind. i came across the reptile thread here and fell in love with crested geckoes. i held one at the LPS and decided to get one, though not from an LPS but a breeder. it was hard to resist in my case, i hope you have better luck in your predicament. i got caught up in gecko land ie research and stuff within a day or 2. my best guess is to distract your mind from any bird related topics. or your can try watch Hitchcock's movie "The Birds" to convince yourself its not the best idea atm.

you can try to convince yourself that theres no space for a new pet. it works great for me as i have limited space for pet habitats ie tanks and terariums.

Last edited by nel3; 03-11-2012 at 11:53 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #3 
hotrod57ts

Jest becose you like birds dont meen you should get one .snakes and birds are like cats and dogs thy dont always get along.
hotrod57ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #4 
Jayy

[quote=nel3; my best guess is to distract your mind from any bird related topics. or your can try watch Hitchcock's movie "The Birds" to convince yourself its not the best idea atm.

[/QUOTE]

LOl Really the birds?! Your going to scar the person.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #5 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
LOl Really the birds?! Your going to scar the person.
lol, how can a oldie blk/white film with minimal effects do that in such an advanced age? jokes aside the old movies are still very good and i dont think that the birds movie would do much compared to the gory horror films these days. im actually trying to look for that darn movie as amateer of fact.

as far as getting more pets im 30% impulse but mostly aware of real estate constraints to put the potential new pets in. ive stopped with new pets and just focus on the current ones. its a hard task to resist but if you list too many cons about getting new pets then its a bit easier to resist. i wont lie, i love birds but i find the most colourful ones loud if anything. dont get me started on the large size and price for them. i wouldn't mind a quiet bird but id be afraid of it getting loose and fly away for good. im more into predatory raptors than smaller breeds.

Last edited by nel3; 03-12-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #6 
betta lover1507

i'll try , hot rod i know they wouldn't get along that is one reason am pulling back. and i really don't want to watch another movie also i tried to resist today, brother was constantly talking about birds, i see little advertisements that show chickens, some singer singing there free as a bird like OMG the world is on me D: and my brother is playing angry birds right now!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #7 
Tikibirds

Take my mother's birds. They wont stop squaking at each other
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #8 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod57ts View Post
Jest becose you like birds dont meen you should get one .snakes and birds are like cats and dogs thy dont always get along.
I have a snake and bird :P The bird stays away from the snake and the snake stays away from the bird (helps that the snake is a baby)

Just go to the pet stores a lot or zoos or if you have a library with a bird cage in it. Keep yourself around birds it'll help. I was the same way about a bearded dragon. I still want one really bad but I'm resisting for the moment
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #9 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
i'll try , hot rod i know they wouldn't get along that is one reason am pulling back. and i really don't want to watch another movie also i tried to resist today, brother was constantly talking about birds, i see little advertisements that show chickens, some singer singing there free as a bird like OMG the world is on me D: and my brother is playing angry birds right now!
pet compatablity has also been decided for me as a deterent. i do have room for a cat or a dog but new furniture and compatability to my current pets is an issue. funny thing about the Hitchcock movie, in most bird scenes, those were real birds and the actress did get actual mild bird related wounds. i caught that from a recent radio interview with the actress looking back to those shooting days.

lol angry birds is a funny game but surprsingly difficult at times. th bird thing may just be a phase for him. ive had the cat/dog phase/interest already.

Last edited by nel3; 03-12-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #10 
betta lover1507

no libaries here, zoo's are so far away. petstores will make it worse .
also i having a habit about thinking about cockatiels, i do have time for attention, feeding, bathing, cleaning, etc for a bird. it is just my parents wouldn't want me to have a bird, kinda don't want to tell them (yeah i haven't spoken about it yet) :\ yah know what worse? am getting money on my B-day, which is in 9 days no good at all. i would probably end up buying one!! Ohh mehh gahhh! i never had a cat/dog interest :\