Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #31 
gabrielle09

Well if the poor thing's tail was cut off I think there would probably be a scar. I had a baby get her tail nipped once and when it mended there was a slight imperfection. I don't see any imperfections when I look at that picture. So I would lean more towards it being genetic rather than man made. And even if it were man made, the way the growth has been stunted could effect the fry. I wonder is there is a way to get a hold of the owner. I would like to know what happened to that girl and her potential spawn.
gabrielle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #32 
lexylex0526

WTH!!! That is awful!! Animal Cruelty is just plain wrong!
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #33 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Boycotting Aquastar would be a good idea :D People could write to stop this madness.

Honestly I don't think these deformed fish sell well? Or do they?
I don't get who would want a betta without a tail, or something. That's why we love betta. They have beautiful fins and colours.
People tend to like anything that looks unique. More so when sellers and breeders give cool nicknames to the deformity (pearl eye, shock betta, bullet, ect..). Just like the tattooed and color injected fish.

It sickens me personally. I am sad when I go to petstores and see disabled fish being called something cool and higher priced than normal fish. Like watching the balloon mollies getting knocked over by the normal ones when fed.

Unfortuatly the tail less fish are getting more popular. Now some are trying to make tail less Jack Dempseys. :(
And all I can say about the tail less Blood Parrots is, are they not deformed enough already? Now their tails are taken away? :/

Last edited by Aluyasha; 03-13-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #34 
Luimeril

'shock betta'? :I

i agree, though. newbies who see deformed bettas given cool names like "Diamond Eye" will be easily fooled into thinking they have something cool and different, when in fact they have something that may not be happy at all, or may require special care to survive...
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #35 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
'shock betta'? :I

i agree, though. newbies who see deformed bettas given cool names like "Diamond Eye" will be easily fooled into thinking they have something cool and different, when in fact they have something that may not be happy at all, or may require special care to survive...
I saw a betta once at a local pet store (now out of business), that had a few bettas they called "shock bettas" they had deformed spines that made them look twisted, or electrocuted. Hence the name Shock. :/
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #36 
bettasusa

This is just crazy! So this is the end result of two DT's spawned together is what I'm thinking Im reading in previous posts?
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote