Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #111 
KadenJames

What a pretty lady!! Popcorn is perfect.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #112 
lvandert

thanks
Old 03-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #113 
djembekah

aweee she's lovely ^-^
Old 03-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #114 
lvandert

Ug I feel like a horrible fish parent. I decided on a whim to check her ammonia levels and they were over 1.0. I just put fresh water in that tank 3 days ago and nothing was in it other than some gravel and a plastic plant...Well needless to say I took her out, dumped the water, rinsed everything that was in the tank, and made up a new batch of water. I tested the new water and it's got a 0.0 reading. I gave her Igor (one of my moss balls) and took the plastic plants out. I'm hoping she'll start feeling better soon!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #115 
TheDevonFox

She is adorable, and this play-by-play of the breeding process is fascinating! :D
Old 03-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #116 
lvandert

lol thanks. On a side note I tried to give Smith and Velvet another go but they just wouldn't spawn, so I took her out. Once Popcorn gets all healthy I hope to give her a go with Smith
Old 03-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #117 
lvandert

ok Popcorn update! I found a food she likes. While in her laying on the bottom state I took a tweezers and wiggled food in front of her nose. She snubbed freeze dred blood worms, she snubbed pellets, but she devoured the crisps. I added a tad bit more water and shes actually swimming around! I still only have her tank half full but if she makes it through the night I'll fill it all the way. I've also transformed her little hospital tank into a NPT. I threw some left over grass and an amazon sword in there. Along with Igor (lumpy moss ball) it looks pretty good. I might keep it as a regular tank with frequent water changes. I think she might have a slight case of SBD from traveling. I noticed she rests in the "S" position. Although she's seeming to get better and better now.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #118 
lvandert

So just before going to bed I gave her one last check in and I found this adorable thing... she really likes the live plants. I don't think I could ever put her in a fake planted tank, but my only NPT is the one gallon...looks like lots of water changes for her.
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #119 
MaisyDawgThirteen

How cute! Are you sure it's not heavily planted? In your previous pic it had gravel, and NPT have sand and soil I believe.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #120 
lvandert

oh well then its not "natural" XD I have gravel. I'm pretty sure its not that heavily planted, the grass is tiny (a little bigger than quarter size) and the amazon sword is one that only grows 4 inches, and I plan on moving Igor back to the grow out tank once she's feeling 100%
Closed Thread