Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #41 
lvandert
Member
 
lvandert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rapid City Sd
He is, i'm so proud of my boy. Ok so this morning I only saw one, and he wouldn't stay in the nest. Walter seems to have built the nest back up a bit so I dont know how many their are. I'm hoping in a day or two (thats the right time yes?) when they start free swimming I'll see how many I have.
lvandert is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #42 
tpocicat
Member
 
tpocicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fresno, Ca
In my experience, you always seem to have more than you can find. I am sooo happy for you! Fry are such fun to watch grow.
tpocicat is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #43 
lvandert
Member
 
lvandert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rapid City Sd
I'm kinda getting worried. I've only seen one little baby all day and he refuses to stay in the nest. Walter is spending all day picking him and and putting him back. Also there aren't any tails hanging from the nest, it just looks bare. Even his bubbles have dies back. I swear i saw 4 of them last night but now I can't find any aside from one he moves around. I'm hoping I see some more within a few days otherwise I might just have the one baby :(
lvandert is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #44 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
I'm kinda getting worried. I've only seen one little baby all day and he refuses to stay in the nest. Walter is spending all day picking him and and putting him back. Also there aren't any tails hanging from the nest, it just looks bare. Even his bubbles have dies back. I swear i saw 4 of them last night but now I can't find any aside from one he moves around. I'm hoping I see some more within a few days otherwise I might just have the one baby :(
if it doesn't work out you could always keep him in that tank and let him build a huge nest.
FishyFishy89 is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #45 
tpocicat
Member
 
tpocicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fresno, Ca
I'm so sorry, that happened to me once. You can always recondition and try again.
tpocicat is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #46 
lvandert
Member
 
lvandert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rapid City Sd
I dont have the a second female to breed with. She was my only breeder girl, my other one is too delicate.
lvandert is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #47 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
you cant breed like a week or so afterwords?


i mean with the same female.
FishyFishy89 is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #48 
lvandert
Member
 
lvandert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rapid City Sd
I still have one and maybe a few more, their just not in the nest or something. I'm going to try my hardest to get them to live. I'll pull Walter tomorrow night and see what happens. Maybe I'll just get the one, in which case his name shall be Lucky
lvandert is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #49 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
I still have one and maybe a few more, their just not in the nest or something. I'm going to try my hardest to get them to live. I'll pull Walter tomorrow night and see what happens. Maybe I'll just get the one, in which case his name shall be Lucky
hehe
what if he is a she?
FishyFishy89 is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #50 
lvandert
Member
 
lvandert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rapid City Sd
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
you cant breed like a week or so afterwords?


i mean with the same female.
I didn't know that. Maybe I'll give her a go with Smithy if things done turn out. he's got a bubble nest about an inch out of the water.
lvandert is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leland and Walter <3 aurasoulful Betta Memorials 4 03-16-2012 10:44 PM
It's official.. AngelicScars The Lounge 21 08-11-2011 11:22 PM
It's official, I'm addicted.... PitGurl Betta Pictures 16 05-29-2011 09:48 PM
Help! Something seriously wrong with Walter! Meg215 Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 14 02-20-2010 09:58 PM
Well it's official!! jacknchloe Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 12 12-15-2009 08:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.