Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #11 
Bombalurina

Urgh, still sick, no jujitsu, no uni today and hopefully no work tonight (I have called my boss but he hasn't got back to me). Nevertheless, week 6 reading for Property is done.

One of my killis (no idea which one at this stage...don't know if one is dead or what) is gradually becoming less shy and ate some breakfast this morning. He later ventured across the front of the tank, briefly. None of the girls have shown the least bit of interest in him (they are really self-absorbed) but he flinches when an ember tetra goes near him, so getting him comfortable around my huge betta ladies could be a long time in coming.

I have officially got all the Riddler secrets, challenges etc on Batman. I just need to finish Acts of Violence and the campaigns, then try New Plus Mode...exciting stuff.

I'm keen to do some drawing, I think.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #12 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Found a new thread to stalk! :D
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #13 
Bombalurina

Lol, I'm glad I'm stalkable. :p

Both Titus and Andronicus have started to come out for mealtimes now, which absolutely thrilled me (I was getting so worried)! I love watching new fish. :) It also gave me a chance to note how to tell them apart. Titus is maybe a centimetre bigger, and both halves of his tail and dorsal and anal fins are yellow. Andronicus's anal fin and the bottom of his tail are blue. Titus in particular is beginning to colour up really nicely.
Tip to anyone putting these fish in a community tank: they will hide. My planting is dense enough that I could not see Andronicus for the first two days at all, even during a water change and a plant trim.

Well, today I feel a bit brighter, so hopefully I will have a better time of it and be able to go to work. My poor sister didn't have much fun covering for me last night. It sounded a bit hectic...

I shall attempt to finish Week 6 of litigation today, though that could be interesting as there appear to be two week 6's in the course outline. Well done, course convenor.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #14 
Bombalurina

Felt fine this morning, absolutely crashed this afternoon. Blergh. :( Still, I got to lie in bed for two hours watching my fishies. I am totally in love with my new killies! Unfortunately, it looks like Medea has a couple of tumours. :(

I've finished the Reason for God and I'm reading all the C S Lewis works, starting with Mere Christianity. I also must start the Hunger Games and finish the Wheel of Time books.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #15 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Hunger Games movie comes out today! ;) It's supposed to be true to the book as the author wrote the screen-play. I've read the whole series and the last book, Mockingjay, is one of my favourite books. :D

I read some of the first Wheel of Time book and found it too flowery. :/
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #16 
Bombalurina

Yeah, I was horribly bored by it at first, but it got better. The characters are really annoying and the plot drags a lot in the later books (the first ones are pretty good, though), but he's made such a complete world that it's easy to get sucked into it. :)

I'm not sure when the HG movies come out here...relatively soon, I think. I won't go and see them, though. Partially because I want to read the book first, and partially because I hate being seen as liking something because it is a fad (I know that's vain of me). I read Twilight before it was cool and liked the books well enough, but I refused to go and see the movies because I'd hate to be mistaken for a Twihard.

Last night Andronicus was really late in coming out for dinner and had me a bit worried, but he showed up in the end. This morning, he was first out and Titus didn't show up at all. I'm sure he'll rock up during the day, though. I think I need to do another water change today.

I did a dry-bath for Hyde (had him on my lap and gently scrubbed and combed his dirty patches) and cleaned his tail. He feels so soft now, and looks really lovely, but he's starting to get buck's grease again. I need to clean Willow, too, because he has a lot of buck's grease and his fur does not feel great.

I need to wash my hair, too.

My sister made some Disney princesses out of balloons last night. I taught her how to make Tinkerbell and she experimented from there. They are really cool! I reckon between us we can make them even better. :)
Old 03-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #17 
Bombalurina

Just tested my water for hardnes and pH.

pH = 6.8ish (floating somewhere between 7 and 6.6)
GH = 17.9 ppm (very soft)
KH = 53.7 ppm (verysoft - soft)

If anyone knows what fish would thrive in this water, let me know. ;) I'd love to keep species in future that are perfect for this chemistry.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #18 
Bombalurina

Sleepy sleepy sleepy. I think I shall go to bed instead of studying. 2:30 pm is a totally acceptable time to sleep.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #19 
Bombalurina

OW. Smacked my ankle on my parents' desk. I'd better have a darn good bruise to show for all this pain!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #20 
Bombalurina

Went over to a friend's house to watch Community and play Risk Legacy. I didn't end up playing because I was late, but I caught the tail end of the game. Unfortunately, since there is a monkey in Community named after another character's bosom (Annie's Boobs) my boyfriend decided to name his city in a similar fashion, but using my name. I cannot play that game now, it is way too awkward.

Thought of the day:
Historians have said time and time again that the four main gospels were written just 40-80 years after Jesus' death, and Acts was written between 15 and 30 years after Jesus' death, when eyewitnesses (named in these books!) were still around to contradict them. Scholars have actually found pieces of the originals and translated directly from them. The Bible we have today would hardly be unrecognisable to a person from that era (assuming they could read it).
Alexander the Great's earliest history was written several centuries after his death. Any eyewitnesses were long dead.

So why is the Bible considered by so many to be less historically accurate? I do not understand. :(