Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #41 
Bombalurina

Ok, trying to upload some pictures. If this works, the pictures are, in order:
1) Hyde asleep in a hammock. I'm pretty sure this was J K Rowling's inspiration for a pygmy puff.
2) Jekyll looking absolutely manic and showing off his six-pack ;)
3) Jekyll looking as he normally does - extremely pretty
4) The two of them asleep on me in front of the TV during cuddle-time (scuse my face)
5) Richelieu (on top) and D'Artagnan, fully grown and gorgeous
6) Willoughby, all sleepy, looking tiny
7) My baby wombat (just kidding, it was just visiting)
Attached Images

Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #42 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Thanks for all of the info! ;D They are beautiful. I love the one that's second from last. lol Would this make a good cage - http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=4470999? I'm curious as my LPS sells something like it.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #43 
jediwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post

In just under an hour I have to leave for a tutorial on Jane Austen at uni. I love the course, love JA (except for Emma) and I love my tutor, so it should be good.
Yay! Another JA fan! Persuasion is my favorite followed by Sense & Sensibility. What was your tutorial on?

Bonus points for naming him Willoughby :)

Batman: Arkham City is pretty epic as well.
jediwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #44 
Bombalurina

Hey Maisy, that link isn't working for me. Could you give me the name of the cage so I can search it on the Petsmart site? :)

Jediwing: I do not remember what the tutorial was about that week. :p I can tell you we have now moved on to Mansfield Park, and that after the break we get to study Persuasion and Emma (my absolute least favourite).
Love Batman. ;)

Rat update: Darcy and Willoughby hate each other. That's ok because they aren't living together, but it does mean that I have to cuddle and exercise them seperately, which is a massive pain. Hyde has finally settled down into his comfy hospital cage (he was really stressed by it at first) and isn't chewing his bandages, which is good. All the other rats were, though, so he has to be alone for ten days except when under close supervision. All the vet staff fell in love with him yesterday because of his loving sweetness and ended up feeding him lots of Caramellos and chicken, so I don't think he was too traumatised by the whole experience. His back leg looks all funny shaved.

Halfway through my Property law essay. I have this morning to finish it, this afternoon to refine it and tomorrow to do my referencing/panic about it.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #45 
Bombalurina

Biotypes I want one day:

- betta imbellis
- chocolate gourami
- discus
- gardneri killifish
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #46 
Bombalurina

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1333647785
My dream fish. I also want a pure orange VT and a Mustard gas delta.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #47 
MaisyDawgThirteen

It was the ferret nation cage. ;)
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #48 
Bombalurina

Ferret Nation is excellent. :) It's what most people recommend: solid floor, climbing space, lots of space for hammocks and toys. :) Big enough for a small group of rats, too.

I had to get up at 12:30 this morning because Hyde was chewing his bandage off, and cover it with athletic tape and plasters. He chewed those off during the night, plus a little more of the bandage. It's revealing his poor swollen little foot now. My mum will have to take him to the vet for me to get a head collar. I'd go, but I have to rewrite my essay, because, on reflection, it sucks.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #49 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

OMG your rats are huge!!! :D ? D: ? I did NOT know they get so big!
-ahem- do they poop on you? xDDD
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #50 
Bombalurina

Lol. Most rats are much smaller than mine. Jekyll and Hyde are abnormally large, with a good 11-12 inches of body and another 8 of tail. The Pesticles are both a bit smaller, Willoughby is about the same size and Darcy is still tiny (read: normal). Jekyll and Hyde had a huge father, but I think whatever I feed them may be a contributing factor, as Squishy and Darty both had small and slender parents and have outgrown their siblings by a fair margin. Willoughby was quite small when I got him, but at 9 months he should have been fully grown. Then I fed him up and he grew in all directions.

As for pooping, it's not too bad. They poop a little whilst getting used to you, but mine are pretty well trained and will only poop in the cage (usually in the litter tray or one of their other designated spots), or on my holding towels. I have a little hamster litter tray with a scoop that I use when holding them, so I don't have to leave the poop on me. They'll only poo somewhere else if they are really frightened (like bathtime) or really desperate. Traces of urine are generally more common. Again, holding towels + rat designated hoodies. :p

My mum took Hyde into the hospital for me. Turns out the vet will have to shave his back and staple the collar into his skin to stop him ripping it off. :( I know she is a really great, experienced rat vet and will always do right by my boys (whom she loves), but it just sounds so barbaric.

On the plus side, two hours later, my essay is much better.

Last night, I had a dream in which I was Batman and Harry Potter rolled into one (yes, I do dream that I'm a guy). I had to fight Voldemort whilst evacuating Gotham Hogwarts through a time rift because Voldy had also unleashed a giant snail that absorbed people's life force into them. I died, but Catwoman, Commissioner Gordon, Ron and Hermione managed to get most people out, and I took Voldemort and apparently the entire universe with me. Unfortunately, my death caused my parents to divorce, my multitude of siblings to hate my parents, and my dad to grow a bikie beard and become an alcoholic.

I know the Batman came from my exhausted self reading comics before sleeping, the bikie beard came from watching the Biggest Loser, the alcoholism, divorce and parental hatred came from reading an article in the Woman's Weekly, and the time rift came from Doctor Who, but I cannot think why I also dreamt about Harry Potter. I haven't read it in ages and I don't recall thinking of it that much recently.