Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #51 
MaisyDawgThirteen

O.o Dreams are odd, aren't they?

11 inches?! My hamster is only 4 or 5 inches long. The only time I have ever seen him go pee or poo outside of the cage, was when the LPS worker was handing him to me to hold and he peed on the floor. lol It was when I was purchasing him.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #52 
Bombalurina

Well, I had my first ever petsitting job with my new company today, which was lovely. One house with a cat, one with a dog, three cats, a cockatiel and a fish tank. Unfortunately, the tank was really, really poorly stocked. :( A 3ft tank with 3 clown loaches, 3 kissing gouramis, two angels, 1 botia loach, 1 albino cory, two BN plecos, 2 silver dollars, a red-tailed shark, 3 bala sharks and another couple of fish I couldn't identify. :(

I spent all of last night on the sofa trying to keep Hyde calm and happy. It was better than him being in his cage alone (he is such an attention-seeking sook), but neither of us slept well. I got about 1.5 hours and he got even less. I don't think he's slept properly since he was sedated yesterday. He seems to be sleeping ok on my mum's lap at the moment, which is good, but I've made another appointment tomorrow to see if we can take the collar off, since it is making him so unhappy.

Maisy: hamsters are just freakishly small. :p I love looking at mice - I can barely fathom how something that small can be a functioning mammal.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #53 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Well, I had my first ever petsitting job with my new company today, which was lovely. One house with a cat, one with a dog, three cats, a cockatiel and a fish tank. Unfortunately, the tank was really, really poorly stocked. :( A 3ft tank with 3 clown loaches, 3 kissing gouramis, two angels, 1 botia loach, 1 albino cory, two BN plecos, 2 silver dollars, a red-tailed shark, 3 bala sharks and another couple of fish I couldn't identify. :(

I spent all of last night on the sofa trying to keep Hyde calm and happy. It was better than him being in his cage alone (he is such an attention-seeking sook), but neither of us slept well. I got about 1.5 hours and he got even less. I don't think he's slept properly since he was sedated yesterday. He seems to be sleeping ok on my mum's lap at the moment, which is good, but I've made another appointment tomorrow to see if we can take the collar off, since it is making him so unhappy.

Maisy: hamsters are just freakishly small. :p I love looking at mice - I can barely fathom how something that small can be a functioning mammal.
I have a syrian, the biggest breed. Roborovskii hamsters are a WHOLE different monster. O.o
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #54 
Bombalurina

Well, this has been a hectic few days. Hyde is finally free of the head collar. He's sleeping in his hospital cage in my room now, not in the bed with me (which I confess, I did kind of enjoy, apart from being wacked in the face by his headcollar every time he moved) but he still comes in the bed for cuddles evening and morning whilst he's there. He is chewing his bandages something terrible, but I have spare ones so I just keep redoing the dressing every 12 hours. He goes in to the vet again tomorrow, so hopefully she'll let him keep it off. When his wound is fully healed (hopefully on Friday) he can go back in with Jekyll and Darcy again.

I've given myself the Easter long weekend (Friday - today (Monday)) off from uni work, just to let my brain unwind and de-stress a little. I finished one of my petsitting jobs today. It was a really nice job, but I've still got one running a couple of streets away. The cat there is lovely.

My poor neglected fish have been seen to at least, and I'll be doing another water change on the bedroom tank over the next few days to make up for the fact that I didn't clean them for 8 days. I hated the way my workload, stress and exhaustion took away from my ability to care for them.

I'm struck everyday with how handsome my little ratties are. :) My two black boys (the Pesticles) especially so, despite their multiple chins.

I cooked on Saturday again! I made lentil and sweet potato burgers (extremely tasty) and had them in rolls with beetroot, cucumber, tomato, cheese and carrot. It wasn't entirely vegan (it was dairy cheese and there was butter in the bread) but it was vegetarian. :) I was going to make chocolate mousse too but my avocados weren't ripe enough.

I also tidied the area around my desk, which was a pile of clutter, and put away the multitude of rat washing my mother had done for me whilst I was too busy being sick, stressed and essayed. I love her. She and I and my sister are all watching the BBC Pride and Prejudice together. I'm so glad my sister is in to Jane Austen now, so I can have long chats with her about it.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #55 
Shirleythebetta

I did the same break this weekend ironically (saturday sunday and monday). because i thought my head was going to explode. I go to a christian university and they don't give breaks often. They are hardcore on studies. We get a week for thanksgiving (maybe two at least a week) and two weeks for christmas. That's it. I was feeling very burnt this week from math. annuity's bank loans payroll and finances and such. This week I think is mortgaging and keeping track of a business's financial worth. idk I haven't even looked.
As much as I enjoy writing essay's I am enjoying getting a break from that too, no essay's in business Math. My university focus's on one class at a time which is 7 days a week (sunday optional) for about 3 to 6 weeks per class. I like being able to focus on once class at a time it's nice.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #56 
Bombalurina

Yeesh, I couldn't do 7 days a week. But then, the structure of my degree is quite different. Unlike the science degrees my friends are doing, which have a lot of contact hours and not too much outside work, I have very few contact hours and a heck of a lot of work to do outside of class.

Well, Hyde had his bandage removed this morning. The swelling has gone down and the wound looks really good. Only minor bleeding. The vet is keeping him in for the day to monitor it and his behaviour towards the stitches. That's what she says, anyway. I know she just wants to cuddle him all day. ;) The vet staff love him. I'm going to buy them all some chocolate.

I had a lovely cuddle in bed with Hyde today. He is sleeping in my room in the hospital cage at the moment, and I woke up at about 0430. He was making noise and fidgeting around, so I turned the light on and noticed a fair amount of poo in the cage. I took him out and put him on his towel in my bed to clean it up, but when I'd finished he looked so comfortable that I didn't want to move him. Besides, the room was freezing cold and my bed was nice and warm, and I was worried that he wouldn't stay warm with no other rats to snuggle with. So he snuggled with me instead, curled up in my arms whilst I slept, until about 8. :D It was like having a little space heater under the duvet with me. He is so gorgeous.

Busy morning this morning - chiropractor appointment, then straight to the vet, then straight to uni to return some library books, then to my work office where I picked up loads of balloons and was given a fairy job for a wedding, then to feed the cat I am sitting, then finally back home.
Tonight I have to pick up Hyde, then the aquarium society committee meeting, then youth group. I'm trying to make a Green Lantern out of balloons for a friend who lent me some comics. :)
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #57 
Bombalurina

Well, Hyde is now bandage-free and being a very good boy and not chewing his stitches. I put him in temporarily with the Pesticles whilst I was cleaning his cage. He plonked his fat bottom in a hammock and boggled at me. He clearly loved being back in his cage with his friends, but I couldn't leave him there. The Pests were very good and showed no interest in his foot, but I'm not going to risk it until the ten days are up on Friday. It's a shame, because he was so clearly happy in there.

I think I'm gradually coming to the decision that Darcy has to be neutered. Although he has settled in with Jekyll, there are still disagreements, usually over food or sleeping spots, and I really want him to be able to snuggle up with my little fatty. I also can't cope with him puffing up, hissing and stamping every time he smells a Pesticle. They don't have a problem with him until he has a problem with them. I'd still keep the boys seperate at mealtimes, but at other times they'd be able to have the run of the whole cage, explore the kitchen together and be cuddled on my lap together.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #58 
moodyt23

Unhappy Trouble getting bichir to eat

my bichir i got 2 days ago, im having trouble getting him to eat do the yeat when its dark or am I not feeding him right im feeding him shrimp pellets.

HELP?
moodyt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #59 
Bombalurina

Moody, this is probably not the best thread to post this in. I'd suggest either taking this to the "Other Fish" section or to TropicalFishKeeping rather than BettaFish, as you'll have a wider range of people who know about Birchirs there.

My only other advice is, give him time to settle in and feed him right before lights out.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #60 
Bombalurina

Well, I honestly did try to get some of my case note done today, but my brain just wasn't cooperating. I read the case and the question and tried to figure out my opinion, but I can't formulate any reasons behind it.